Published: Wednesday, December 06, 2017 @ 6:00 AM
By: Dayton.com staff
— Celebrate a centuries-sold Christmas market tradition this weekend.
Visit the Christkindlmarkt at Dayton Liederkranz Turner, 1400 East Fifth Street in Dayton for a taste of the centuries-old Christmas market tradition that originated in medieval Nuernburg, Germany.
The market is held from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 9 and 12-4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 10.
Quality vendors will offer hand crafted ornaments, handmade bath soaps and accessories, beer steins, amber jewelry from the Baltic, German collectibles, antiques, stained glass, unique jewelry, note cards & gifts, paper cut outs, etc. The annual Christmas Basket Raffle features many unique seasonal and German items.
Here’s a look at what the kitchen will be selling:
- DLT’s specially made Bratwurst on Brötchen
- Mettwurst on Brötchen
- Cabbage Rolls, made from scratch
- Gulaschsuppe, made from scratch
- Linsesuppe, made from scratch
- Kuerbissuppe, made from scratch (vegetarian friendly)
- Flammlachs, house recipe (served during limited hours)
- Kartoffelpuffer, made from scratch
- Brötchen and breads are locally made by artisan bakers in your community!
Trudy will be selling European pastries and desserts with many varieties of homemade cookies. The bar will be selling pretzels.
Specialty coffee drinks and glühwein will be available for purchase and the bar will be open with a great selection of German Biers and wine.
For additional information, contact Uli Gaertner at 937-434-7999.