WATCH: Matt Lauer grills Bill O'Reilly about sexual harassment allegations in recent interview

Published: Thursday, November 30, 2017 @ 2:43 AM

Inside Bill O'Reilly

Wednesday morning began with a bombshell announcement from NBC as they revealed that Matt Lauer was fired amid sexual misconduct allegations. In September, Lauer scored a coveted interview with Bill O’Reilly just after the Fox News star’s fall from fame amid similar allegations.

>> Watch the interview here

In the interview, Lauer took a tough line of questioning with O’Reilly, repeatedly asking about the sexual harassment accusations against him. At one point, he asked O’Reilly point blank, “Did you ever send a lewd text or email to another employee at Fox News?” Moments later, he followed up by asking O’Reilly about Fox making financial settlements with women accusing the host of sexual harassment.

>> Geraldo Rivera apologizes after tweeting defense of Matt Lauer

The interview continued in a tense vein; when Lauer asked O’Reilly if he had done any “soul searching,” the former Fox News icon replied, “My conscience is clear.” O’Reilly insisted that the decision to let him go from the network was purely a business move and blamed left-wing groups like Media Matters for his downfall. He went on to say, “This was a hit job, a political and financial hit job.”

>> Matt Lauer fired over allegations of inappropriate workplace behavior

At the time, the "Today" host was praised for not giving O’Reilly any easy questions, but the Washington PostMashable and other news outlets pointed out Wednesday that the interview looks a lot different now given the allegations against Lauer.

>> Read more trending news

Read more here.

What You Need to Know: Matt Lauer

Megyn Kelly still angry at Jane Fonda, calls her ‘Hanoi Jane’ months after plastic surgery tiff

Published: Monday, January 22, 2018 @ 5:41 PM

Honoree Megyn Kelly attends The Hollywood Reporter's Annual Women in Entertainment Breakfast in Los Angeles at Milk Studios on December 7, 2016 in Hollywood, California.  
Frazer Harrison/ Via Getty Images
Honoree Megyn Kelly attends The Hollywood Reporter's Annual Women in Entertainment Breakfast in Los Angeles at Milk Studios on December 7, 2016 in Hollywood, California. (Frazer Harrison/ Via Getty Images)

It seems that neither Megyn Kelly or Jane Fonda has forgotten about that awkward September interview in which Fonda shut Kelly down after the latter asked about possible plastic surgery.

>> Read more trending news   

In the interview, Kelly asked Fonda about aging and plastic surgery when she and Robert Redford were on “Megyn Kelly Today” to promote their film “Our Souls at Night.” Fonda didn’t want to talk about the topic and snapped, “We really want to talk about that now?”

Things never really got back on track after that, and the incident came up again just last week, when Fonda appeared on “TODAY” with her “Grace & Frankie” co-star Lily Tomlin. When Hoda Kotb asked how long the veteran actresses have been friends, Tomlin replied, “Oh, my gosh … I think before your first facelift!”

While Kotb and Savannah Guthrie exploded in a fit of giggles, Fonda was clearly unamused. “Never mind! Never mind!” she said. “Who are you, Megyn Kelly?”

On Monday, Kelly took time out of her show to address the actress’s remarks.

“And, now, a word on Jane Fonda, who appears to be fixated on an exchange I had with her months ago on this show,” Kelly said introducing the clip from September on her show on Monday. “When she first complained, publicly after the program and repeatedly after the program, I chose to say nothing because my general philosophy is what other people think of me is none of my business.”

>> Related: After Matt Lauer’s firing, new NBC employee accuses ‘Megyn Kelly Today’ staff

“It’s time to address the ‘poor me’ routine,” Kelly said. She told the audience and TV viewers that Fonda appeared on her show last September to promote a film “about aging.”

“To her credit, she has discussed her cosmetic surgery pretty much everywhere before coming on our show,” Kelly said.

Kelly then played a clip of a previous Fonda “Today Show” appearance discussing her history with plastic surgery, then referenced Fonda’s other interviews on the topic.

“Apparently, when she came here, however, again, to promote her film about aging, I was supposed to discern that this subject was suddenly off limits,” Kelly said. “Look, I gave her the chance to empower other women, young and old, on a subject which she purports to know well, and she rejected it. That’s OK. But I have no regrets about that question, nor am I in the market for a lesson from Jane Fonda on what is or is not appropriate.”

The hits kept on coming when Kelly brought up the “outrage” Fonda has caused in the past.

“After all, this is a woman whose name is synonymous with outrage. Look at her treatment of our military during the Vietnam War,” Kelly said as the audience cheered. “Many of our veterans still call her ‘Hanoi Jane.'”

Kelly then listed Fonda’s multiple offenses and added, “By the way, she still says she is not proud of America.”

>> Related: Rocker John Mellencamp’s daughter joins cast of ‘Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’

It’s unclear if Fonda plans on responding to Kelly’s insults, but Fonda fans responded on Twitter.

Kardashian-Jenner sisters pose for Calvin Klein photo shoot

Published: Monday, January 22, 2018 @ 3:26 PM

CALVIN KLEIN, INC. ANNOUNCES THE SPRING/SUMMER 2018 Campaign Led by Kim Kardashian West, Khloé Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian, Kendall Jenner and Kylie Jenner.
Calvin Klein via Business Wire
CALVIN KLEIN, INC. ANNOUNCES THE SPRING/SUMMER 2018 Campaign Led by Kim Kardashian West, Khloé Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian, Kendall Jenner and Kylie Jenner.(Calvin Klein via Business Wire)

The Kardashian-Jenner family stripped down for a photo shoot campaign promoting the Calvin Klein brand’s popular underwear line.

>> Read more trending news 

While Kourtney Kardashian, Kim Kardashian, Khloé Kardashian and Kendall Jenner bared their midriffs in the photoshoot, 20-year-old Kylie Jenner covered hers up with a red and white quilt. In other shots from the shoot, Kylie Jenner — well known for showing off her figure — kept her stomach hidden at all times.

Amid rampant speculation that she’s expecting a daughter with her 25-year-old boyfriend, rapper Travis Scott, the young makeup mogul has made few public appearances and stayed off social media almost entirely. Some fans of the reality stars claim that Kylie Jenner has actually been the surrogate for Kim Kardashian West and Kanye West, who welcomed daughter Chicago West last week.

Related: Kim Kardashian, Kanye West welcome third child via surrogate

Khloé Kardashian, 33, confirmed her pregnancy with Tristan Thompson in December before going on a media tour, where she was unsuccessfully pressured to spill news about her younger sister’s pregnancy. 

Considering there’s no hint of a bump for Khloé Kardashian or Kylie Jenner in the underwear shoot, it’s possible the shoot was completed long before Khloé Kardashian’s bump reveal and Kylie Jenner is likely much farther along than her big sister, who confirmed that she’s six months along in early January.

Related: Khloe Kardashian confirms pregnancy: ‘My greatest dream realized’

While the older Kardashians are willing to chat up a storm about their own babies, it looks like the youngest of the group is going to maintain her radio silence.

“Kylie wants to disappear and be out of the spotlight and focus on her health and happiness,” a source told People late last year. “Kylie isn’t going to publicly address her pregnancy until she gives birth. She’s not doing any public appearances and just wanted to take six months off.”

What You Need To Know About Kim Kardashian

Mo'Nique urges fans to boycott Netflix for color, gender bias

Published: Saturday, January 20, 2018 @ 9:57 AM

CENTURY CITY, CA - JANUARY 16:  Actress Mo'Nique attends the 35th Annual Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards at the InterContinental Hotel on January 16, 2010 in Century City, California.  (Photo by Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images for LAFCA)
Alberto E. Rodriguez
CENTURY CITY, CA - JANUARY 16: Actress Mo'Nique attends the 35th Annual Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards at the InterContinental Hotel on January 16, 2010 in Century City, California. (Photo by Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images for LAFCA)(Alberto E. Rodriguez)

Award-winning actress and comedian Mo'Nique is urging her fans to boycott Netflix for gender and color bias after she says the entertainment company made her a lowball offer for a comedy special.

>> Read more trending news 

Mo'Nique took to Instagram to air her grievances Friday. In a video, she explained that Netflix offered her $500,000 to do a comedy special, but she rejected the offer. Mo'Nique said she felt it was a low offer considering Amy Schumer, Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle all made millions of dollars for their Netflix comedy specials. According to Mo'Nique, Schumer negotiated with Netflix for $13 million, while Rock and Chapelle each earned $20 million.

#BOYCOTT#NETFLIX FOR #COLORBIAS AND #GENDERBIAS. PLEASE STAND WITH ME. I LOVE US.

A post shared by Mo'nique (@therealmoworldwide) on


Mo'Nique suspects racial and gender bias are at play, since she believes her strong résumé entitles her to more than the $500,000 that Netflix offered.

Chicago rapper Fredo Santana dead at 27

Published: Saturday, January 20, 2018 @ 10:36 AM

Sheet music.
Getty Images
Sheet music.(Getty Images)

Chicago rapper Fredo Santana has died, according to several of his friends, The Chicago Sun-Times reported. He was 27.

Canadian rapper Drake, record producer Maxo Cream and California rapper Lil B expressed their condolences on social media.

Santana, whose birth name was Derrick Coleman, wrote on Instagram in October that he was suffering from liver failure, the Sun-Times reported.

No official cause of death has been listed, MTV reported, although TMZ, citing unnamed family members, reported that Santana died from a seizure at his Los Angeles home late Friday night.

Santana was a force in Chicago’s drill music scene when it began in 2012 He released his 2013 debut album, “Trappin’ Ain’t Dead” on Savage Squad, the record label he founded, MTV reported.

His last album, “Fredo Kruger 2,” was released last year.

In addition to liver troubles, Santana also had kidney failure and seizures, MTV reported.