breaking news


Kevin Spacey ‘suspended’ from ‘House of Cards’ as Netflix cuts ties with actor

Published: Friday, November 03, 2017 @ 11:47 PM

‘House of Cards’ Production Suspended Amid Kevin Spacey Sexual Assault Allegations

Netflix has issued a statement saying it is cutting ties with Kevin Spacey following multiple accusations of sexual harassment against him.

BuzzFeed News reported that the streaming giant said it will not be involved with “House of Cards” if Spacey remains involved. Spacey is a lead in the show and an executive producer.

>> Read more trending news

The company also said it will not be releasing “Gore,” a movie starring Spacey. 

“Netflix will not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes Kevin Spacey. We will continue to work with MRC during this hiatus time to evaluate our path forward as it relates to the show. We have also decided we will not be moving forward with the release of the film ‘Gore,’ which was in post-production, starring and produced by Kevin Spacey.”

Media Rights Capital, or MRC, the production company behind “House of Cards,” issued a statement soon after Netflix. The statement confirmed Spacey had been suspended from the series.

“While we continue the ongoing investigation into the serious allegations concerning Kevin Spacey’s behavior on the set of ‘House of Cards,’ he has been suspended, effective immediately. MRC, in partnership with Netflix, will continue to evaluate a creative path forward for the program during the hiatus.”

The statement comes after Anthony Rapp, a 46-year-old actor, told BuzzFeed News Spacey made a sexual advance on him when he was 14 years old and Spacey was 26.

Related: Kevin Spacey accused of past sexual misconduct with then-14-year-old actor

Spacey issued a statement after the story was published, saying in part, “I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior, and I am sorry for the feelings he describes having carried with him all these years.” He also came out as gay in the statement, which was criticized by many as an attempt to distract from Rapp’s allegation against him.

Kevin Spacey has been 'suspended' from Netflix's "House of Cards" in fallout from sexual misconduct allegations against the actor.(Tim P. Whitby/Getty Images for Sony Pictures)

Shortly after Rapp’s interview was published, Netflix and MRC announced production on the sixth and final season of the show would halt until further notice. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the sixth season was in talks to be the final in the series since the summer.

Two episodes of season six have reportedly already been shot

Since then, eight people who have worked on “House of Cards” have made claims that Spacey sexually harassed them. Three others -- a journalist, a 16-year-old boy interested in acting and a military adviser who worked on set on one of Spacey’s movies have come forward in  a Friday BuzzFeed News report to allege sexual abuse. 

Related: 8 ‘House of Cards’ employees accuse Kevin Spacey of ‘predatory’ conduct

An earlier report from THR said Spacey will likely be written out of the final season. Spacey plays Frank Underwood, an ambitious politician in Washington.

“They shut it down to figure out how to write him out,” an unnamed source told THR. Netflix declined to comment on the report.

The Los Angeles Times reported Thursday night that Spacey’s long time publicist, Staci Wolfe, and talent agency CAA have split with the actor. Before cutting ties with Spacey, Wolfe issued the following statement on Spacey’s behalf on Wednesday: “Kevin Spacey is taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment. No other information is available at this time.”

David Cassidy’s younger brother Shaun offers touching tribute on Twitter

Published: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 @ 5:02 PM

Musicians and brothers Shaun and David Cassidy photographed together in January of 1994.
Time Life Pictures/The LIFE Picture Collection/Getty Images
Musicians and brothers Shaun and David Cassidy photographed together in January of 1994.(Time Life Pictures/The LIFE Picture Collection/Getty Images)

Teenage heartthrobs run in the Cassidy family. David Cassidy’s younger brother, Shaun Cassidy, who was also a teen idol and singer in the 1970s, remembered his late brother with a touching tribute on Twitter after the pop culture icon’s death Tuesday from organ failure.

>> Read more trending news

“When I was a little boy and my big brother would come to visit, the first call of business would be a punishing pillow fight. During the battle, he would regale me with hysterical stories of our father, often culminating in his taking a giant leap off my top bunk,” Cassidy posted on Twitter, along with a black and white photo of the boys as children.

“I tried to catch him of course. I always tried to catch him. But I never could. Now, I will carry him, along with all of the funny/sad/extraordinary days we shared, none more filled with love than these last few at his side.”

>> Related: ‘Partridge Family’ star, ‘70s teen idol David Cassidy dead at 67

Eight years younger than David, Shaun was the oldest son of Jack Cassidy and Shirley Jones, while David was Jack’s only child with his first wife, Evelyn Ward. In addition to being his step-mother, Shirley Jones played David Cassidy’s on-screen mother in the ‘70s musical sit-com “The Partridge Family.”

The relationship between Cassidy and his family was strained over the past years over his battle with alcoholism. Several months before his death, a video of Cassidy struggling to perform at a live show raised concerns about his well-being. Family and fans thought he had relapsed, instead he revealed he was suffering from dementia.

Regardless of past estrangements, his family rushed to his side after hearing of his hospitalization. A source told People magazine, Cassidy “was delighted to see them … There’s been total resolution within the family. They will always be there for him.”

David Cassidy passed away in a Florida hospital on Nov. 21. at the age of 67.

An outpouring of tributes came from celebrities, including Danny Bonaduce — who played David’s television brother — John Stamos, Marie Osmond and Carnie Wilson.

>> Related: Music legend and 'Touched by an Angel' star Della Reese dead at 86

Cassidy is survived by half-brothers Shaun, Patrick and Ryan; daughter Katie Cassidy and son, actor Beau Cassidy.

Jimmy Fallon, Maroon 5 pull street performing prank in NYC subway station

Published: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 @ 5:02 PM

Adam Levine (L) and James Valentine of Maroon 5 busked in a NYC subway with Jimmy Fallon (not pictured) on
Adam Levine (L) and James Valentine of Maroon 5 busked in a NYC subway with Jimmy Fallon (not pictured) on "The Tonight Show."(Tommaso Boddi/Getty Images for iHeartMedia)

An oddly familiar-looking band of street musicians treated New York subway commuters to a jam session, and it turns out it was made up of Maroon 5’s Adam Levine and James Valentine and “The Tonight Show” host Jimmy Fallon in disguise. Disguised as buskers -- people who perform in public for donations -- the trio performed a rousing rendition of Elvis Presley’s “Love Me Tender” and the Maroon 5 hit. “Sugar” at the 50th Street subway station

>> Read more trending news

The commuters weren’t in on the joke, and their reactions when the subway musicians’ revealed their true identities were priceless.

This isn’t the first time Fallon has pulled this busking prank. Previously, he went undercover with his good friend, Miley Cyrus, to surprise a bunch of rowdy tourists. 

After devising new identities — with Cyrus becoming “Charlene” and Fallon playing “Bart” — the pair donned their disguises and headed to the Rockefeller Center subway station. “No one knows that this is going to happen,” Fallon told viewers before he began busking with Cyrus. “No one knows that it’s Miley Cyrus. Let’s do this.”

Michael Jordan replaces family’s signed jersey stolen from home after fire

Published: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 @ 3:56 PM

Michael Jordan is sending a new signed jersey to a family who lose theirs in a fire.
Streeter Lecka/Getty Images/Getty Images
Michael Jordan is sending a new signed jersey to a family who lose theirs in a fire.(Streeter Lecka/Getty Images/Getty Images)

A family received a surprise from NBA legend Michael Jordan after one of his signed jerseys was stolen from their home when it burned down in October.

Officials with the Dunn County Sheriff’s Office said the family was forced out of its Rock Creek, Wisconsin, home on Oct. 11 when it caught fire. 

>> Read more trending news

Authorities said a family member went to the house on Nov. 2, after the fire, and noticed two men behind it with a vehicle. The family member told officials that the men said they were looting the house and then left with a garbage can full of items. 

Authorities said they later arrested one of the men. 

According to officials, a signed No. 45 Michael Jordan jersey was among the items taken by the men and is believed to have been sold. 

The Star Tribune reported Monday that the family’s daughter, Kelsey Schiel, got the item signed by Jordan at his Chicago restaurant in 1995. The meetup was coordinated by Starlight Children's Foundation, an organization that supports hospitalized children and their families. At the time, Schiel was battling a life-threatening illness. Now 28, she has beaten the disease that she now likes to keep private.

“It’s devastating to know that someone stole such an important item,” Schiel said. “I really hope that whoever has it realizes its importance and turns it in. We won’t ask questions; it’s just really special to me.”

According to the Star Tribune, Jordan heard about the robbery and is having the jersey replaced.

“Michael was very sorry to hear about what happened to the Schiel family and was happy to send Kelsey a new signed jersey,” a representative for Jordan said.

Wendy Williams said she was groped on live TV, fans named names

Published: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 @ 3:04 PM

What You Need To Know About Wendy Williams

Wendy Williams has her own story about workplace sexual harassment, but the talk show host is trying to keep mum about who it involves.

While discussing the recent slew of sexual assault allegations against veteran journalist, Charlie Rose, Williams, 53, revealed that her least favorite guest on her show was one who had groped her on live television, Inside Edition reported.

>> Read more trending news 

“My worst guest, I’m not gonna name, but I can tell you this -- it had to do with some groping and you all saw it, but didn’t say a word,” Williams  told viewers on her live show Tuesday. “And I felt it and I didn’t say a word. My staff saw it, and, you know, that guest will never be here anymore. He’s not relevant anymore anyway.” 

The television host said that when the individual went further than a quick embrace, she didn’t know how to react.

Wendy Williams says one of her guests on her talk show touched her inappropriately.(Ilya S. Savenok/Getty Images for Wilhelmina Models/Getty Images for Wilhelmina Mode)

“He hugs me, but lays in my breast inappropriately and I didn’t know what to do because I’m brand new on TV, whereas now, I would definitely push somebody through a glass coffee table. I didn’t know what to do,” she said.

She continued, saying that guest looked up at her, saying, “Oh! You’re not Oprah!” 

“I’m two seconds away from saying his name but it’s not worth it. However, if I see you in the mall, I’ll tell you,” she told viewers.

Williams maintained that she wouldn’t be revealing who she was referring to, but viewers pulled out their own receipts. Photos of comedian Gilbert Gottfried resting his face on Williams’s chest during a 2011 appearance quickly spread. Wendy can be seen grimacing in the photo while Gottfried grabs her tightly around the waist.

Gottfried, 62, denied having any recollection of the incident when contacted by Inside Edition. When asked about being banned from her show, he said wasn’t aware if he had. 

As of now, Williams has neither confirmed nor denied that Gottfried was whom she referred to.