log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Monday, October 30, 2017 @ 3:55 PM
— “House of Cards” is ending with its upcoming sixth season.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the end of the series had been in the works during the summer. Deadline reported that Netflix and production company Media Rights Capital were leaning toward ending the show, but cast and crew were made aware of the news with calls Monday morning.
The news comes after an allegation that Kevin Spacey, one of the stars of the Netflix show, made a sexual advance on 46-year-old actor Anthony Rapp when Rapp was 14.
The Netflix drama, which stars Spacey and Robin Wright as ambitious Washington political couple Frank and Claire Underwood, will end in 2018 with 13 episodes.
Spacey, an executive producer on the show, responded to Rapp’s allegations -- which were reported by BuzzFeed News -- with a statement, in which he said he doesn’t remember the encounter and apologized for “what would have been deeply inappropriate, drunken behavior.”pic.twitter.com/X6ybi5atr5— Kevin Spacey (@KevinSpacey) October 30, 2017
At the end of his statement, Spacey came out as gay, which was heavily criticized by GLAAD and number of actors in the LGBT community who said the statement conflated homosexuality with his alleged actions.
BuzzFeed News said it contacted Spacey’s reps multiple times for comment on the report, but did not hear back from his team.
Beau Willimon, creator of the show, exited last year. In response to the allegations, Willimon said Rapp’s story is “deeply troubling.”
“During the time I worked with Kevin Spacey on House of Cards, I neither witnessed nor was aware of any inappropriate behavior on set or off,” Willimon said. “That said, I take reports of such behavior seriously and this is no exception. I feel for Mr. Rapp and I support his courage.”
“Media Rights Capital and Netflix are deeply troubled by last night’s news concerning Kevin Spacey. In response to last night’s revelations, executives from both of our companies arrived in Baltimore this afternoon to meet with our cast and crew to ensure that they continue to feel safe and supported. As previously scheduled, Kevin Spacey is not working on set at this time.”
Published: Friday, February 23, 2018 @ 10:29 AM
— Ryan Reynolds isn’t just a charming actor. He’s also a renowned social media goofball who is really great at shutting down trolls.
On Monday, the 41-year-old movie star took to Instagram to share a few photographs of himself — in character as the R-rated mercenary Deadpool — hanging out with some children with life-threatening illnesses on the set of the upcoming sequel “Deadpool 2.”
“Deadpool kicked cancer ... but these kids do it for real every day,” Reynolds captioned the images.
“These foundations make dreams come true for a lot of super-brave kids. They also make dreams come true for parents, who just wanna see their kid smile. HUGE thanks to our Prop Master, Dan Sissons, for making sure every kid left with his/her own sword. (Bamboo versions. Not stabby-stabby versions.)”
“Guys Deadpool is R rated movie and those kids are watching it… I think something is wrong here…,” a comment on the post said.
Reynolds wasn’t about to let that slide.
“Yup. Deadpool is Rated R. If my kid went through a fraction of the (expletive) these kids deal with daily, I think they can watch whatever they like,” Reynolds replied. “That’s just my .02 cents.”
Make-A-Wish America commented a message of gratitude on the actor’s post.
“You. Are. Awesome. Thank you so much for being an amazing wish granter and supporter of our mission,” the comment said.
Published: Thursday, February 22, 2018 @ 3:56 PM
— Elegant actress Jane Seymour is about to grace the pages of “Playboy” magazine at 67-years-old.
The former Bond girl took to social media Wednesday to share a modest photograph from her upcoming spread in the iconic men’s magazine.
“I’m thrilled to finally share this with you! I was recently photographed and interviewed in my home by Playboy,” Seymour captioned the image on Instagram.
“I open up about my career, my family, feeling better-than-ever at 67 and so much more,” she wrote.
I'm THRILLED to finally share this with you! I was recently photographed and interviewed in my home by Playboy. 🐰I open up about my career, my family, feeling better-than-ever at 67 and so much more! Click the link in my bio now to read the article! 😊And don't forget to catch me on "Let's Get Physical" tonight at 8:30|7:30c on @PopTV! 📷: @feaverish
This is the “Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman” star’s third spread in “Playboy.”
The legendary actress told the magazine that her age hasn’t diminished her confidence.
“I feel much sexier now than I ever did when I was younger” she said.
“Then I was like, ‘Oh gosh, I’m supposed to be sexy. What is that?!’ There’s an enormous freedom in having lived as long as I have,” she added. “Like my father used to say, I’m comfortable in my own skin.”
And there’s no doubt that she’s all natural.
“I haven’t done any surgeries or injections or anything. I haven’t done any of it,” she explained.
“So I still look like ‘me.’ Everyday I’m kind of tempted, but then I look at people I know and I don’t [recognize] them. I’m authentically being me. That’s important to me.”
Published: Thursday, February 22, 2018 @ 3:36 PM
— Kylie Jenner may be one of many Snapchat users who isn’t happy about the app’s redesign.
The 20-year-old new mom asked her followers on Tuesday if anyone else no longer uses the app.
“So does anyone else not open Snapchat anymore? Or is it just me,” she wrote. “Ugh this is so sad.”
sooo does anyone else not open Snapchat anymore? Or is it just me... ugh this is so sad.— Kylie Jenner (@KylieJenner) February 21, 2018
Bloomberg reported that the timing of the tweet may have caused a drop in stock for Snap Inc., the company that owns Snapchat.
“Shares sank as much as 7.2 percent Thursday, wiping out $1.3 billion in market value, on the heels of a tweet from Kylie Jenner,” the publication said.
According to a Wednesday tweet from Reuters, the drop in Snap’s stock adds up to about $1.5 billion lost in market value.
Ten minutes after the first tweet, Jenner said she still has love for the app.
“Still love you tho snap,” she tweeted. “My first love.”
still love you tho snap ... my first love— Kylie Jenner (@KylieJenner) February 21, 2018
Published: Thursday, February 22, 2018 @ 2:51 PM
— Congratulations are in order for actress Rachel McAdams, who is reportedly expecting her first child.
E! News, citing several unnamed sources, reported that the 39-year-old actress is pregnant.
McAdams has not commented on the report, but she has been vocal about becoming a mother in the past.
“Having a few (kids) would be great,” she told People in 2009. “My mom is a great inspiration to me. She’s a nurse and very nurturing and gentle. She lets me be who I am. Hopefully I can take on those qualities and be as great as her.”