Dave Chappelle on Yellow Springs: “I have time to think about things” 

Published: Monday, March 20, 2017 @ 12:09 PM

Gayle King interview Dave Chappelle on CBS This Morning

Gayle King was in Yellow Springs with Dave Chappelle for the interview that aired this morning on “CBS This Morning.” 

If you recall, King was among the celebrities spotted in Yellow Springs last October for the first night of “Dave Chappelle's Juke Joint” parties.  

>> MORE: Why Bradley Cooper, Naomi Campbell, Gayle King and Q-Tip visited Dave Chappelle in Yellow Springs

Her CBS segment showed off Yellow Springs, a village known for its progressive nature.  

Chappelle, a frequent face around the Dayton area, told King he is treated like a neighbor instead of a celebrity in Yellow Springs, a close-knit community of 3,500 residents.

He said he is generally calmer there.  

“I have time to think about things,” Chappelle told King. “For a comedian, if you don’t have time to think, you are not as effective. It gets a little corporate.”

>>MORE: Moments from Dave Chappelle’s Netflix special that will make you want to watch it now

He said he hears raccoons wrestling in the woods during his night walks after returning from the road.

“They are a little too bold,” he said of raccoons. “They got those hands.”  

>> MORE: Dave Chappelle opens up about escaping fame and returning home in rare interview

“CBS This Morning” airs on WHIO-TV Channel 7 from 7 to 9 a.m. on weekdays. 

He also explained why he does not like to do many interviews. 

Chappelle famously returned to Yellow Springs in 2005 after retreating to South Africa, following his decision to walk away from a $50 million Comedy Central deal for his hit sketch comedy “Chappelle's Show.”

May 21, 2005 Dayton Daily News article on Dave Chappelle's return to Yellow Springs.

Chappelle is promoting the first two of three specials set to be released on Netflix tomorrow, March 21.  

It is reportedly a $60 million deal. 

>> MORE: 3 reasons you should watch Dave Chappelle’s Netflix special 

The actor and comedian Dave Chappelle was among residents at a Yellow Springs Village Council meeting earlier this month to address how police handled a New Year’s Eve altercation with a resident.

>> MORE: What Dave Chappelle has to say about Yellow Springs police

Attorney of Matt Lauer accuser say his client lives in ‘constant fear’

Published: Friday, December 15, 2017 @ 5:14 PM

The attorney of a woman who has accused Matt Lauer of sexual harassment says not enough is being done to protect her identity.
Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images  for UNICEF/Getty Images  for UNICEF
The attorney of a woman who has accused Matt Lauer of sexual harassment says not enough is being done to protect her identity.(Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images for UNICEF/Getty Images for UNICEF)

The attorney for one of Matt Lauer’s accusers is speaking out in an interview with NBC News, saying his client is “terrified” and asks those seeking to reveal her identity to stop.

>> Read more trending news 

Matt Lauer was fired last month from NBC News after a staffer came forward with sexual misconduct allegations. After his departure, more women came forward with allegations against the 20-year host of “Today.”

Related: Matt Lauer responds to sexual misconduct allegations 

New information continues to come to light about the allegations against Lauer. His accuser’s attorney, Ari Wilkenfeld, said not enough is being done to protect his client’s anonymity.

WATCH: Matt Lauer Through the Years

“My client is terrified, and she does live in constant fear that people are going to track her down and figure out who she is,” he said.

Related: Former ‘Today’ show staffer details her alleged affair with Matt Lauer

Wilkenfeld also said that NBC has failed to properly protect her identity.

“There’s a hunt underway to figure out who she is, and I think that’s going to have a chilling effect on other women who might want to come forward and tell their stories,” he said.

“The network has protected the employee’s anonymity all along and will continue to do so,” an NBC spokesperson said in a statement.

Wilkenfeld’s interview can be watched below.

Destiny’s Child might reunite when Beyonce performs at Coachella

Published: Friday, December 15, 2017 @ 12:15 PM

Kelly Rowland, Beyonce Knowles and Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child perform during the Pepsi Super Bowl XLVII Halftime Show. Some fans think Williams and the original lineup may join Knowles at Coachella.
Christopher Polk/Getty Images/Getty Images
Kelly Rowland, Beyonce Knowles and Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child perform during the Pepsi Super Bowl XLVII Halftime Show. Some fans think Williams and the original lineup may join Knowles at Coachella.(Christopher Polk/Getty Images/Getty Images)

Beyonce is set to headline Coachella next year, and she could be reuniting with  members of both the original and final lineups of Destiny’s Child while she’s at it. At least, the BeyHive thinks so.

>> Read more trending news 

Vogue reported that Beyonce’s fans began speculating about the reunion with founding members LaTavia Roberson and LeToya Luckett and the latest member of the final lineup, Michelle Williams, based on social media posts by each.

In October, Luckett posted a throwback photo of the group on Instagram. 

Mood ❤️#Tbt

A post shared by LeToya Luckett-Walker (@letoyaluckett) on

In early December, Roberson tweeted, “I have so much to tell you guys! All I’m allowed to say right now is... never mind.”

Williams shared a photo of her outfit from her surprise appearance at Beyonce’s 2016 Super Bowl performance on her Instagram story in Dec. At that show, Williams and fellow Destiny’s Child member Kelly Rowland reunited with Beyonce.

And this week, Beyonce shared a series of photos on her official site, one of which shows her wearing an AC/DC T-shirt with her hair covering the letters “AC,” leaving only the letters “DC” visible.

Beyonce Five Fast Facts

Rowland, for her part, hasn’t appeared to tease any such reunion. 

Assuming these posts, which are months apart, are indicative of a DC reunion may be a stretch, but it’s fun to speculate.

Fans can see if their theory holds up when Beyonce headlines the music festival in April.

Former ‘Today’ show staffer details her alleged affair with Matt Lauer

Published: Friday, December 15, 2017 @ 3:56 PM

What You Need to Know: Matt Lauer

A former intern at the “Today” show has come forward about her alleged monthlong affair with disgraced NBC host Matt Lauer back in the early 2000s.

>> Read more trending news 

According to Addie Zinone, whose story was published in Variety on Thursday, her consensual relationship with Lauer began when he was in his 40s and already married to his current wife. Two years after her time at “Today” started, Lauer messaged her on the network’s internal messaging system.

“Hey, I hope you won’t drag me to personnel for saying this, but you look fantastic,” he said in messages obtained by the publication. “I don’t know what you have done, or what is going on in your life … but it’s agreeing with you.”

Matt Lauer pictured in 2015. A former "Today" staffer says she was involved in a month-long affair with Lauer shortly after he got married.(Neilson Barnard/Getty Images/Getty Images)

While Zinone only had a few more weeks left before starting a new job elsewhere, she thanked Lauer and asked him if he had any advice for her. They eventually met up for lunch, but she said he flirted with her during the meeting.

“He was there to hit on me and manipulate the situation, and I fell for it,” Zinone said. “Here’s how I should have known what I was getting myself into. When we left, he told me: ‘You leave first, and I’ll leave after.’ In no lunch I’d ever had at Today’ had anyone suggested we leave separately, as if something was up.”

Related: Matt Lauer fired over allegations of inappropriate workplace behavior

Back at the office, Lauer asked her to meet him in his dressing room, she said.

“He opens the door. There you go. It crossed the line,” she said. “It was a consensual encounter. It happened in his dressing room above Studio 1A, which was empty in the afternoons. He got in his car and I had to go back to work, and now my life had completely changed.”

Related: 5 things to know about Matt Lauer

The pair continued to meet up several times over the next few weeks, including in his office. Zinone said, “I sat across from him, and he pushes a button from his desk and the door shuts. It was embarrassing, because his secretary was sitting outside. He wanted to do stuff. I was like, ‘No. I’m so in over my head. I’m not a performance artist.’”

After leaving NBC, she went on to join the Army and returned for an interview on “Today” years later, but Lauer wasn’t there at the time. While her alleged relationship with Lauer was consensual, Zinone indicated that she still feels like a victim who was taken advantage of by a powerful man.

Related: Matt Lauer responds to sexual misconduct allegations 

“He went after the most vulnerable and the least powerful — and those were the production assistants and the interns,” she said. “I’m putting my name and face out there to squash any doubts about the allegations from other women against Matt Lauer. I’m validating their stories because some of our experiences are similar. I want these women to know that I believe them, I want to help empower them and collectively we have a voice to change things. I have a 7-year-old daughter. I want to do everything I can to assure this doesn’t happen to her.”

Dustin Hoffman faces more sexual misconduct allegations

Published: Friday, December 15, 2017 @ 2:41 PM

Actor Dustin Hoffman faces more allegations of sexual misconduct.
Lars Niki/Getty Images for The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences
Actor Dustin Hoffman faces more allegations of sexual misconduct.(Lars Niki/Getty Images for The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences)

More women are coming forward to accuse Dustin Hoffman of sexual misconduct, according to a story published by Variety on Thursday.

These accusations follow previous allegations from Anna Graham Hunter, who alleges Hoffman was sexually inappropriate with her when she worked as an intern on the set of one of the 1985 TV film “Death of a Salesman.”

>> Read more trending news 

The Variety story details allegations from three women against the 80 year old actor.

One allegation from playwright Cori Thomas says Hoffman exposed himself to her in a New York hotel room when she was 16.

Thomas was a classmate of Hoffman’s daughter and an aspiring actress. In an interview with Variety, Thomas said she spent the day in Manhattan with Hoffman and his daughter in 1980.

“This was, at first, one of the greatest days of my life,” she said. “One of my idols was spending time with me and talking with me respectfully.”

Related: Dustin Hoffman apologizes after being accused of sexually harassing a woman when she was 17

At the end of the day, when Hoffman’s daughter departed, Thomas waited in Hoffman’s hotel room for her mother to pick her up. She said he went to the bathroom, and she heard the shower running. When he came out, he was wearing just a towel and exposed himself to her.

She said he then put on a robe and asked Thomas to massage his feet.

“I didn’t know what to do in the circumstance,” she said. “I didn’t know that I could say no, so I did it. And he kept telling me, ‘I’m naked. Do you want to see?’”

She said a call from her mother, who was outside to pick her up, saved her from having to continue the interaction.

Dustin Hoffman Bio

Variety’s story includes an account of another woman, Melissa Kester, who said Hoffman sexually assaulted her in a recording studio, putting his hand down her pants. Hoffman was recording music for the film “Ishtar.” She also gave her account of the 1985 incident to The Hollywood Reporter.

Related: Dustin Hoffman taken to task by John Oliver over sexual harassment allegation

A third woman, who remained anonymous, told Variety Hoffman assaulted her while she worked on “Ishtar” when she was 22 years old. She said he sexually assaulted her in the back of a station wagon.

“There are people inches from us,” she said. “And he just took his hand and stuck his fingers right up inside of me. I didn’t know what to do. He’s smiling at me. I was frozen. I was outside of my body.”

She said she felt unable to do anything to stop him.

“There were people there,” she said. “What are they going to think of me, that I’m a whore, if I say something? What would I say? He’s Dustin Hoffman.”

The woman says Hoffman later asked her to come to his apartment, where they had intercourse.

According to Variety, “Asked if she would describe the encounter in the station wagon as nonconsensual, she said ‘yes.’ Asked if she would describe the encounter at the San Remo as such, she said, ‘I don’t know.'”

Hoffman’s representatives did not make him available to comment on the story, according to the publication.

Kathryn Rossetter, who co-starred with Hoffman in “Death of a Salesman” on Broadway in 1983, came forward with an account in The Hollywood Reporter on Dec. 8. She said Hoffman routinely groped her, demanded foot rubs and once exposed her breasts in front of crew members.

A woman named Pauline, whose last name was withheld, told THR that Hoffman pleasured himself in front of her in the early 1970s when she was 15 years old.

A woman who went by the pseudonym Carolyn said she was forced by Hoffman to perform oral sex on him when she was 21, during the time the actor was working on “All the President’s Men.”

Hoffman’s attorney, Mark A. Neubauer, said in a letter to Variety’s owner, Penske Media Corp., that the accusations against the actor in the Variety story are “defamatory falsehoods.”