Trump family expanding, Eric Trump expecting first baby with wife Lara

Published: Monday, March 20, 2017 @ 2:40 PM

Eric Trump kisses his wife, Lara Yunaska, at the Republican National Convention on July 20, 2016 at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio.
Jeff J Mitchell/Getty Images

Eric and Lara Trump are expecting!

The couple revealed that they’ll welcome a son in September.

“We found out on my birthday, which was pretty cool,” Eric told People.

>> Read more trending news 

Lara, a former “Inside Edition” producer, revealed she’s in her second trimester and is feeling better.

“I was exhausted in the beginning,” she said. “It surprised me, because I’m a very active person, and until the fatigue hit, I didn’t believe it would actually happen to me. It really affected me. But I’m feeling really good now.”

The new baby will be President Donald Trump’s ninth grandchild. Eric’s brother, Donald Jr., has five children with wife Vanessa, and sister Ivanka has three little ones with her husband, Jared Kushner.

The couple is reportedly thinking about baby names.

“We really loved the name Charlie, but we’d already named our dog that, so it’s out,” Eric joked.

The mom-to-be said she isn’t feeling any pregnancy jitters and is looking forward to motherhood.

“I knew I always wanted kids someday,” she said, adding her husband is going to “be an amazing dad.”

“The nieces and nephews love hanging with him. He’s the cool uncle. He’s watched ‘Frozen many times,” she said.

As for keeping the pregnancy news under wraps, Lara admitted she was nervous her famous father-in-law may spill the beans before they were ready.

“Eric’s dad was so excited,” she said. “We were worried he’d blurt it out at a press conference.”

Lara also shared the happy news on Instagram with fans.

“Eric and I are excited to add a baby boy to our pack in September,” she wrote alongside the snowy family photo with their dogs.

Eric and I are excited to add a boy to our pack in September! 💙 #BabyTrump

A post shared by Lara Trump (@laraleatrump) on

Tiger Woods issues statement on DUI arrest, says no alcohol involved

Published: Monday, May 29, 2017 @ 8:20 PM

Tiger Woods is apologizing to family, friends and fans following his DUI arrest early Monday in Juniper, Florida.

“I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions,” the pro golfer said in a statement Monday night, according to The Associated Press.

>> Read more trending news

Woods clarified that “an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications,” not alcohol, was a factor in the arrest.

“I want the public to know that alcohol was not involved. What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications. I didn’t realize the mix of medications had affected me so strongly.

“I would like to apologize with all my heart to my family, friends and the fans. I expect more from myself too.”

Related: Tiger Woods arrested on drunken driving charges in Florida

The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office said Woods, 41, was arrested around 3 a.m. ESPN reported he was booked at 7:18 a.m. People reported that he was released on his own recognizance at 10:50 a.m.

Woods said in a blog post on his website last week that, following a recent surgery on his back, he is focusing on short-term goals rather than a fast return to golf.

“Presently, I’m not looking ahead,” he wrote. “I can’t twist for another two and a half to three months. Right now, my sole focus is rehab and doing what the doctors tell me. I am concentrating on short-term goals.”

“It was instant nerve relief,” Woods said of the surgery. “I haven’t felt this good in years.”

The surgery was the fourth done on his back since spring 2014.

Woods said that “the long-term prognosis is positive” for a return to golf.

Read Woods’ full statement, from USA Today, below:

I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions. I want the public to know that alcohol was not involved. What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications. I didn't realize the mix of medications had affected me so strongly.

I would like to apologize with all my heart to my family, friends and the fans. I expect more from myself too. I will do everything in my power to ensure this never happens again.

I fully cooperated with law enforcement, and I would like to personally thank the representatives of the Jupiter Police Department and the Palm Beach County Sheriff's office for their professionalism."

Actors Chris Pratt and John Krasinski commemorate Memorial Day by honoring a fallen Navy SEAL

Published: Monday, May 29, 2017 @ 7:38 PM

Actors John Krasinski and Chris Pratt participated in The Murph Challenge that was created in honor of the late U.S. Navy SEAL Lt. Michael P. Murphy. (Photo by Kevin Mazur/WireImage)
Kevin Mazur/WireImage

Chris Pratt and John Krasinski aren’t letting being out of the country on Memorial Day stop them from showing off their patriotism.

>> Read more trending news

The actors are both in the United Kingdom, but they made sure to save some time to commemorate the holiday by completing The Murph Challenge, an exercise routine that was created in honor of the late U.S. Navy SEAL Lt. Michael P. Murphy, who was awarded the Medal of Honor, the U.S. military’s highest decoration, for his actions during the War in Afghanistan.

RELATED: Soldiers complete a 70-year Memorial Day tradition, placing flags on the headstones of fallen service members

“It’s a day like today when we commemorate those fallen heroes and say thanks for all you do to make our dreams come true,” Pratt said on Instagram.

“So today, whether you do a Murph Challenge or just take some time to say thank you and remember, remember that’s what today is all about,” Krasinski added.

RELATED: Take a look at this moving memorial dedicated to soldiers who lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan

Each Memorial Day, people across the country perform the workout: a 1-mile run, 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups, 300 air squats and another 1-mile run while wearing a 20-lb. body vest. The challenge raises money and awareness for the Lt. Michael P. Murphy Memorial Scholarship Foundation.

Kidnapping survivor, author, advocate Elizabeth Smart shows off new baby

Published: Sunday, May 28, 2017 @ 11:46 AM

Kidnapping survivor Elizabeth Smart is pictured here in an appearance on the ‘Today’ show in 2013. Smart and her husband, Matthew Gilmour, have welcomed a new baby boy to their family.
NBC NewsWire/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images

Kidnapping survivor Elizabeth Smart has posted photos of her new baby boy on Instragram.

>> Read more trending news

The photos feature her husband Matthew Gilmour, daughter Chloe, 2, and newborn son James.

“These people are my whole world,” Smart wrote in a caption of a family portrait. “Whenever I look at them I realize how fortunate I am. I hope I never forget what a blessing a safe, healthy, happy family is.”

Earlier this month, the proud parents took baby James to get a “special blessing.”

“The sunshine made today the perfect day for an adventure with great Granny and Grandpa, and great uncle Neville!” she wrote in a photo caption of the family visiting with Gilmour’s parents in Scotland, where he’s from.

Another photo shows Chloe and James snuggling.

“Nothing better then seeing my two babies love on each other!” Smart wrote.

Smart was kidnapped from her bedroom in her home in Salt Lake City in 2002 when she was 14 by a homeless man, who her father had employed as a handy man, and his wife. She was rescued nine months later by police just 18 miles from the family home. 

Suspect, Brian David Mitchell, and his wife, Wanda Ileen Barzee, were eventually convicted in the Smart kidnapping and assault case. 

 

 

Gal Gadot, Lynda Carter meet at ‘Wonder Woman’ premiere

Published: Sunday, May 28, 2017 @ 7:28 AM

Actors Gal Gadot and Lynda Carter embrace at the premiere of Warner Bros. Pictures'

Two are more wonderful than one.

Gal Gadot and Lynda Carter met, embraced and posed for photographs at Thursday’s premiere of “Wonder Woman” in Hollywood, ETOnline reported.

>> Read more trending news

Carter, 65, made the Wonder Woman character famous during its television series run from 1975 to 1979. Gadot is starring in the movie version, which debuts nationally on June 2. The two women reunited at the Pantages Theatre, along with the film’s director, Patty Jenkins.

"I am the bearer of the torch and now I'm passing it forward to Gal and to Patty," Carter told ET. "I spoke with Patty early on and I couldn't wait to meet Gal. The three of us share some sisterhood by living and breathing this character."

"I just love her very much so," Gadot told ET. "She is such a special women and a unique person and it's always great to see her, especially tonight where she's going to see the movie for the first time. And my heart is going crazy."

Carter admitted she was nervous before watching the film.

"I can't breathe. I am so excited," she said. "I really want you all to embrace this. This is another way to look at her. It doesn't mean to abandon me or abandon the way that I had her, the way that I played her. This is just another way to look at Wonder Woman.”

I'm in LA, so excited to be attending the premiere of the new Wonder Woman movie, directed by my friend, Patty Jenkins,...

Posted by Lynda Carter on Thursday, May 25, 2017