log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 @ 4:40 PM
— Melanie Martinez may have impressed judges when she appeared on season three of “The Voice” in 2012, but what she’s making headlines for in 2017 is less than positive.
In a lengthy and graphic statement posted on Twitter, Timothy Heller accused Martinez, 22, of performing sexual acts on her despite her protests.
Heller told her followers that her “best friend” Martinez had repeatedly asked her to have sex when the pair shared a bed during sleepovers. According to Heller, she rejected the offers over the course of several nights making different excuses, including that she had a boyfriend, until one evening when Martinez kept asking to touch her and, she said, went on to rape her.
Heller wrote, “The bottom line that I need to always remind myself is that: I said no. For TWO NIGHTS STRAIGHT.”
“If you begin to doubt the abuse taking place in this story, I beg you to imagine her role in this being a man,” Heller wrote. “Girls can rape girls. Best friends can rape best friends. Friendship does not equal consent. Silence doesn’t equal consent. I wish it wasn’t so hard for me to convince myself of these things.”
Following the accusation, Martinez took to Twitter to issue a response, claiming that any and all contact between the women had been consensual.
“I am horrified and saddened by the statements and story told by Timothy Heller,” the singer said. “What she and I shared was a close friendship. We tried to help each other. We both had pain in dealing with our individual demons. She never said no to what we chose to do together. And although we parted ways, I am sending her love and light always.”
Actress Abigail Breslin was one of many who responded online to the statement, slamming Martinez for her “unacceptable response.”
“Not saying no doesn’t mean yes. But for the record, she did and has stressed that numerous times,” Breslin tweeted. “Shame on you for this disgusting reply that contributes to the victim blaming culture we live in.”
Melanie this is a completely unacceptable response. Not saying no doesn’t mean yes. But for the record, she did and has stressed that numerous times. Shame on you for this disgusting reply that contributes to the victim culture we live in. @MelanieLBBH https://t.co/4nxCbxzofh— Abigail Breslin (@yoabbaabba) December 5, 2017
Published: Friday, March 16, 2018 @ 11:35 AM
— Cardi B may be performing at Coachella in April with a baby bump.
According to TMZ, the rapper is pregnant with her first child with her fiance Offset.
Citing unnamed sources, the website says Cardi is due the first week of July and will be around seven months pregnant when she performs at Coachella.
If TMZ’s report is true, Offset, who’s in the rap group Migos, would be having his fourth child. The 25-year-old is already a father to two sons, Jordan and Kody, and a daughter named Kaela.
Neither Cardi nor Offset have confirmed TMZ’s claim.
Published: Thursday, March 15, 2018 @ 4:14 PM
— It sounds like Tim McGraw will be taking it easy, after giving fans quite a scare last weekend.
The country music superstar collapsed onstage after his performance of “Humble and Kind” at the C2C Festival in Dublin, Ireland, on March 11.
After the incident, he was carried off the stage by a medical staffer, and his wife and touring partner, Faith Hill, took the microphone to explain that her husband had been “super dehydrated.” She also made the decision to end the show at that point and keep Tim from returning to the stage that night.
Now, Tim is opening up for the first time since the unsettling incident.
He gave an update about his health after touching down at the John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City on March 12. He explained to TMZ that he is now “feeling good,” and also confirmed that his onstage collapse was, indeed, due to “lots of flying and dehydration.” He then added that he has to put his intense fitness routine on the back burner for a while.
“I’ve got to cut short my workouts,” the 50-year-old star, who is known for his washboard abs, said while walking through the terminal with his wife and crew.
Aside from making a few changes to his daily schedule, Tim seemed to be in good spirits, as he offered up plenty of smiles and a casual thumbs up before jumping into a vehicle.
We’re glad to hear that Tim is on the mend, especially since he’ll soon return to the road for his and Faith’s joint tour. The country couple’s “Soul2Soul The World Tour” picks up on May 31 in Richmond, Virginia.
Published: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 @ 5:05 PM
LONDON, England — It seems that Prince George might be working on other career opportunities outside of being the future King of England.
On Tuesday, George’s dad, Prince William, opened up about his career aspirations while attending The Met Excellence Awards at Kensington Palace with Prince George. While at the event, William talked with several honorees about their respective career paths, William joked that his son might be considering a career in law enforcement.
“We are recruiting, actually, so if George and Charlotte are keen?” PC Jayne Richardson reportedly joked to William at the event.
This isn’t the first time William has been candid about his son’s fascination with the boys in blue. In November, the future father-of-three was photographed hand-delivering his son’s Christmas list to Santa Claus in Finland. And what was on the top of the young prince’s wish list? A toy “police car,” of course!
It sounds like George has it all figured out if being king doesn’t work out for him!
Published: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 @ 1:50 PM
In the Feb. 26 incident, Locklear, 56, was arrested after she allegedly assaulted her boyfriend, Chris Heisser.
When police arrived, the actress became increasingly threatening and combative. She allegedly threatened to “shoot (police) if they ever came to her house again.” Police later returned to her home with a search warrant to look for a firearm in her name, but it was not recovered. Locklear was not home at the time of the search.
TMZ reported that Locklear was not at home at the time of the search because she had checked herself into a treatment facility. The latest stint in rehab isn’t her first. She has sought treatment five previous times, including one stay last year.