breaking news

Texas country and Red Dirt musician, singer-songwriter Brandon Jenkins has passed away

Published: Monday, March 05, 2018 @ 11:04 PM

NEW YORK, NY - DECEMBER 03:  Elvis Presley's ukulele gifted to Hank Garland by Presley on display at
NEW YORK, NY - DECEMBER 03: Elvis Presley's ukulele gifted to Hank Garland by Presley on display at "Icons & Idols: Rock n' Roll" on December 3, 2013 in New York City. (Photo by Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images)(Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images)

Texas country and Red Dirt singer-songwriter Brandon Jenkins.

>> Read more trending news 

Jenkins passed away on March 2 after he failed to full recovery from surgery to replace a heart valve on Feb. 21. He was just 48 years old.

Recognizable for his red beard, Jenkin’s humble, yet humorous personality was apparent even as he faced this most recent serious surgery. He maintained his upbeat optimism even as he headed into surgery. However, due to apparent complications resulting from significant blood loss, Brandon never stabilized.

>> Related: Music community rallies around Red Dirt favorite in extremely critical condition

Going by the tongue-in-cheek moniker of “Red Dirt Legend” on his social media pages, Brandon was as beloved for his kindness, generosity and wit as he was for his award-winning songwriting. Brandon released his first project, “Faded,” in 1996 on his own label, well before independent artist releases were deemed viable, and while he did release several albums on record labels, for his most recent albums, he returned to his own Red Dirt Legend Recordings label.

Fellow Red Dirt artists like Stoney LaRue and Bleu Edmonson have been proponents of Brandon’s work, and he had shared the stage with fan favorites like Willie Nelson, Sunny Sweeney, Pat Green and Deana Carter.

Our hearts go out to Brandon’s family, friends and fans, as well as to the Red Dirt community, which lost a true warrior for its format.

Trending - Most Read Stories

Cardi B is pregnant, report says

Published: Friday, March 16, 2018 @ 11:35 AM

Rapper Cardi B is pregnant, according to one report. (Photo by Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images for New York Fashion Week: The Shows)
Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images for New York Fashio
Rapper Cardi B is pregnant, according to one report. (Photo by Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images for New York Fashion Week: The Shows)(Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images for New York Fashio)

Cardi B may be performing at Coachella in April with a baby bump.

According to TMZ, the rapper is pregnant with her first child with her fiance Offset.

>> Read more trending news 

Citing unnamed sources, the website says Cardi is due the first week of July and will be around seven months pregnant when she performs at Coachella.

If TMZ’s report is true, Offset, who’s in the rap group Migos, would be having his fourth child. The 25-year-old is already a father to two sons, Jordan and Kody, and a daughter named Kaela.

P R O U D F A T H E R O F 3 J O R D A N K O D Y K A L E A S E T G A N G

A post shared by OFFSET (@offsetyrn) on

Neither Cardi nor Offset have confirmed TMZ’s claim.

Cardi has a busy year. In addition to Coachella, she’s joining Bruno Mars on the last leg of his 24K Magic World Tour. The tour is set to make stops in the U.S. and Canada through October.

Trending - Most Read Stories

Country music star Tim McGraw changing workout routine after collapsing onstage

Published: Thursday, March 15, 2018 @ 4:14 PM

What You Need to Know: Tim McGraw

It sounds like Tim McGraw will be taking it easy, after giving fans quite a scare last weekend.

>> Read more trending news 

The country music superstar collapsed onstage after his performance of “Humble and Kind” at the C2C Festival in Dublin, Ireland, on March 11. 

After the incident, he was carried off the stage by a medical staffer, and his wife and touring partner, Faith Hill, took the microphone to explain that her husband had been “super dehydrated.” She also made the decision to end the show at that point and keep Tim from returning to the stage that night.

Now, Tim is opening up for the first time since the unsettling incident.

>> Related: Tim McGraw reportedly collapses onstage in Dublin

He gave an update about his health after touching down at the John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City on March 12. He explained to TMZ that he is now “feeling good,” and also confirmed that his onstage collapse was, indeed, due to “lots of flying and dehydration.” He then added that he has to put his intense fitness routine on the back burner for a while.

“I’ve got to cut short my workouts,” the 50-year-old star, who is known for his washboard abs, said while walking through the terminal with his wife and crew.

Aside from making a few changes to his daily schedule, Tim seemed to be in good spirits, as he offered up plenty of smiles and a casual thumbs up before jumping into a vehicle.

>> Related: ACM Awards nominations hold surprises and snubs for some top stars

We’re glad to hear that Tim is on the mend, especially since he’ll soon return to the road for his and Faith’s joint tour. The country couple’s “Soul2Soul The World Tour” picks up on May 31 in Richmond, Virginia.

Trending - Most Read Stories

Prince George wants to be a cop if being King doesn't work out

Published: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 @ 5:05 PM

Britain's Prince George holds Prince William's hand as he arrives for his first day of school at Thomas's school in Battersea, London, Thursday, Sept. 7, 2017.  
Richard Pohle/AP
Britain's Prince George holds Prince William's hand as he arrives for his first day of school at Thomas's school in Battersea, London, Thursday, Sept. 7, 2017. (Richard Pohle/AP)

It seems that Prince George might be working on other career opportunities outside of being the future King of England.

>> Read more trending news 

On Tuesday, George’s dad, Prince William, opened up about his career aspirations while attending The Met Excellence Awards at Kensington Palace with Prince George. While at the event, William talked with several honorees about their respective career paths, William joked that his son might be considering a career in law enforcement.

“We are recruiting, actually, so if George and Charlotte are keen?” PC Jayne Richardson reportedly joked to William at the event.

According to People magazine, William laughed it off saying, “He is obsessed, actually, by the police ... cars, toys, everything.”

>> Related: Princess Madeleine of Sweden just revealed the name of her adorable new baby

This isn’t the first time William has been candid about his son’s fascination with the boys in blue. In November, the future father-of-three was photographed hand-delivering his son’s Christmas list to Santa Claus in Finland. And what was on the top of the young prince’s wish list? A toy “police car,” of course!

It sounds like George has it all figured out if being king doesn’t work out for him!

Trending - Most Read Stories

Heather Locklear’s domestic violence charges dropped, charged with battery on an officer

Published: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 @ 1:50 PM

Police Say Heather Locklear Arrested For Alleged Domestic Violence

Actress Heather Locklear won’t face domestic battery charges after allegedly hitting her boyfriend during an argument in late February, but she will still face charges.

>> Read more trending news 

People reported that the actress still faces four counts of misdemeanor battery on a police officer and one count of resisting arrest or obstructing a police officer.

In the Feb. 26 incident, Locklear, 56, was arrested after she allegedly assaulted her boyfriend, Chris Heisser.

Related: Heather Locklear arrested on suspicion of domestic violence, assault on officer

When police arrived, the actress became increasingly threatening and combative. She allegedly threatened to “shoot (police) if they ever came to her house again.” Police later returned to her home with a search warrant to look for a firearm in her name, but it was not recovered. Locklear was not home at the time of the search.

Related: Heather Locklear reportedly seeks treatment after domestic violence arrest

TMZ reported that Locklear was not at home at the time of the search because she had checked herself into a treatment facility. The latest stint in rehab isn’t her first. She has sought treatment five previous times, including one stay last year.

The Associated Press reported that Locklear is scheduled for arraignment Tuesday in Ventura County Superior Court. 

Trending - Most Read Stories