Rob Lowe helps California firefighters fight blaze, feeds them dinner

Published: Monday, December 18, 2017 @ 5:50 PM

Rob Lowe Helps Firefighters During California Blaze

Rob Lowe wasted no time jumping into the action and fighting one of the wildfires raging through California.

The actor gave his local firefighters a hand against the blaze and later made sure they all had a warm meal to eat. Lowe shared the moments with fans on Instagram over the weekend.

>> Read more trending news 

“Helping earlier today. You do what you can, but when it’s time.. you GO,” he wrote alongside a photo of himself lending a helping hand, using what looks to be a regular garden hose with another firefighter standing nearby.

Helping earlier today. You do what you can, but when it’s time.. you GO.

A post shared by Rob Lowe (@robloweofficial) on

After fighting the blaze, Lowe invited many of the firefighters into his Montecito, California, home for a hearty meal made of burgers, biscuits and spaghetti.

“Dinner for new friends at our house,” he wrote alongside the group photo.

Dinner for new friends at our house.

A post shared by Rob Lowe (@robloweofficial) on

Lowe also shared his gratitude for the men and women who are out risking their lives to save California from the fires.

>> Need something to lift your spirits? Read more uplifting news 

“Thank you to all the crews from all over the country who stood tall and saved my town. #respect #gratitude,” he captioned a photo of himself posing with many of the heroes and a firetruck.

Before doing his part and giving back, the actor shared a glimpse of some of the flames outside of his California home.

“Our house approx 7:30 am today. Pray for Santa Barbara,” he wrote in a caption for images of the blaze.

Our house aprox 7:30 am today. Pray for Santa Barbara.

A post shared by Rob Lowe (@robloweofficial) on

It doesn’t look like Lowe has plans to evacuate his home anytime soon, but Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi were forced to gather their pets and leave their California home last week.

After evacuating, DeGeneres shared an update on their home and also her gratitude for the firefighters trying to save it.

“Portia and I are watching KEYT.com and seeing all the devastation from the #ThomasFire. Our home is still standing, but so many homes have been lost. Firefighters continue to be my heroes,” she wrote on Dec. 17.

Images of the Northern California Wildfires

Santa Barbara County’s official Twitter responded to DeGeneres’s tweet with an update on the damage writing, “#Thomasfire in #santabarbaracounty, we’re feeling good that only 14 residences damaged or destroyed considering Saturday’s 65 mph winds whipped up the fire burning 19,000 acres in 1 day. Last year’s #SherpaFire burned less than 12,000 acres total over 2 weeks. #805strong.”

Cal Fire told The Associated Press that firefighting costs so far are about $74 million.

Neil Diamond diagnosed with Parkinson’s, retiring from touring

Published: Monday, January 22, 2018 @ 10:44 PM

What You Need To Know About Neil Diamond

Neil Diamond will retire from touring due to a recent diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease.

>> Read more trending news 

The renowned singer-songwriter announced the news in a statement Monday that said his doctors advised that he cancel the upcoming leg of his 50th anniversary tour set for Australia and New Zealand.

“It is with great reluctance and disappointment that I announce my retirement from concert touring,” Diamond said. “I have been so honored to bring my shows to the public for the past 50 years. My sincerest apologies to everyone who purchased tickets and were planning to come to the upcoming shows. I plan to remain active in writing, recording and other projects for a long time to come. My thanks go out to my loyal and devoted audiences around the world. You will always have my appreciation for your support and encouragement. This ride has been ‘so good, so good, so good’ thanks to you.”

Diamond turns 77 on Wednesday and, in a bittersweet turn, this weekend will be honored at the Grammy Awards with a Lifetime Achievement Award.

The storied songwriter behind such chestnuts as “Love on the Rocks,” “I Am, I Said,” “Sweet Caroline,” “Forever in Blue Jeans,” “Heartlight” and dozens more, launched his anniversary tour in April 2017.

>> Related: Grammy Awards 2018: What time, what channel, who is nominated, who will perform 

His most recent non-holiday album, “Melody Road,” was released in 2014.

Megyn Kelly still angry at Jane Fonda, calls her ‘Hanoi Jane’ months after plastic surgery tiff

Published: Monday, January 22, 2018 @ 5:41 PM

What You Need To Know About Jane Fonda

It seems that neither Megyn Kelly or Jane Fonda has forgotten about that awkward September interview in which Fonda shut Kelly down after the latter asked about possible plastic surgery.

>> Read more trending news   

In the interview, Kelly asked Fonda about aging and plastic surgery when she and Robert Redford were on “Megyn Kelly Today” to promote their film “Our Souls at Night.” Fonda didn’t want to talk about the topic and snapped, “We really want to talk about that now?”

Things never really got back on track after that, and the incident came up again just last week, when Fonda appeared on “TODAY” with her “Grace & Frankie” co-star Lily Tomlin. When Hoda Kotb asked how long the veteran actresses have been friends, Tomlin replied, “Oh, my gosh … I think before your first facelift!”

While Kotb and Savannah Guthrie exploded in a fit of giggles, Fonda was clearly unamused. “Never mind! Never mind!” she said. “Who are you, Megyn Kelly?”

On Monday, Kelly took time out of her show to address the actress’s remarks.

“And, now, a word on Jane Fonda, who appears to be fixated on an exchange I had with her months ago on this show,” Kelly said introducing the clip from September on her show on Monday. “When she first complained, publicly after the program and repeatedly after the program, I chose to say nothing because my general philosophy is what other people think of me is none of my business.”

>> Related: After Matt Lauer’s firing, new NBC employee accuses ‘Megyn Kelly Today’ staff

“It’s time to address the ‘poor me’ routine,” Kelly said. She told the audience and TV viewers that Fonda appeared on her show last September to promote a film “about aging.”

“To her credit, she has discussed her cosmetic surgery pretty much everywhere before coming on our show,” Kelly said.

Kelly then played a clip of a previous Fonda “Today Show” appearance discussing her history with plastic surgery, then referenced Fonda’s other interviews on the topic.

“Apparently, when she came here, however, again, to promote her film about aging, I was supposed to discern that this subject was suddenly off limits,” Kelly said. “Look, I gave her the chance to empower other women, young and old, on a subject which she purports to know well, and she rejected it. That’s OK. But I have no regrets about that question, nor am I in the market for a lesson from Jane Fonda on what is or is not appropriate.”

The hits kept on coming when Kelly brought up the “outrage” Fonda has caused in the past.

“After all, this is a woman whose name is synonymous with outrage. Look at her treatment of our military during the Vietnam War,” Kelly said as the audience cheered. “Many of our veterans still call her ‘Hanoi Jane.'”

Kelly then listed Fonda’s multiple offenses and added, “By the way, she still says she is not proud of America.”

>> Related: Rocker John Mellencamp’s daughter joins cast of ‘Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’

It’s unclear if Fonda plans on responding to Kelly’s insults, but Fonda fans responded on Twitter.

Migos and their fans want the group cast as hyenas in ‘Lion King’ remake

Published: Monday, November 06, 2017 @ 11:20 PM

Quavo (middle) of rap trio Migos (pictured) wants Disney to cast the group as the hyenas in the remake of
Quavo (middle) of rap trio Migos (pictured) wants Disney to cast the group as the hyenas in the remake of "The Lion King."(Bennett Raglin/Getty Images for BET/Getty Images for BET)

The rap trio Migos wants to put its stamp on the highly-anticipated remake of “The Lion King.”

On Sunday, Migos member Quavo posted his plea for the trio to make their Hollywood debut in the upcoming live-action remake, which already has an all-star cast including Beyoncé, Donald Glover, Alfree Woodard and Keegan-Michael Key.

Related: Disney confirms Beyonce, Donald Glover, more for ‘The Lion King’ in 2019

“Call us,” Quavo tweeted to Disney about the group playing the three hyenas.

>> Read more trending news

One problem, though. Key, comedian Eric Andre and actress Florence Kasumba have already been cast as hyenas in the new film, slated to premiere July 19, 2019.

The group’s fans were on board.

Twitter users offered numerous examples of how the group’s signature phraseology would fit right into the “Lion King” script.

As with many social media campaigns, Migos didn’t quite have everyone on board for the possibility of the group members playing the hyenas, partially because the parts were already cast to begin with.

Kardashian-Jenner sisters pose for Calvin Klein photo shoot

Published: Monday, January 22, 2018 @ 3:26 PM

CALVIN KLEIN, INC. ANNOUNCES THE SPRING/SUMMER 2018 Campaign Led by Kim Kardashian West, Khloé Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian, Kendall Jenner and Kylie Jenner.
Calvin Klein via Business Wire
CALVIN KLEIN, INC. ANNOUNCES THE SPRING/SUMMER 2018 Campaign Led by Kim Kardashian West, Khloé Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian, Kendall Jenner and Kylie Jenner.(Calvin Klein via Business Wire)

The Kardashian-Jenner family stripped down for a photo shoot campaign promoting the Calvin Klein brand’s popular underwear line.

>> Read more trending news 

While Kourtney Kardashian, Kim Kardashian, Khloé Kardashian and Kendall Jenner bared their midriffs in the photoshoot, 20-year-old Kylie Jenner covered hers up with a red and white quilt. In other shots from the shoot, Kylie Jenner — well known for showing off her figure — kept her stomach hidden at all times.

Amid rampant speculation that she’s expecting a daughter with her 25-year-old boyfriend, rapper Travis Scott, the young makeup mogul has made few public appearances and stayed off social media almost entirely. Some fans of the reality stars claim that Kylie Jenner has actually been the surrogate for Kim Kardashian West and Kanye West, who welcomed daughter Chicago West last week.

Related: Kim Kardashian, Kanye West welcome third child via surrogate

Khloé Kardashian, 33, confirmed her pregnancy with Tristan Thompson in December before going on a media tour, where she was unsuccessfully pressured to spill news about her younger sister’s pregnancy. 

Considering there’s no hint of a bump for Khloé Kardashian or Kylie Jenner in the underwear shoot, it’s possible the shoot was completed long before Khloé Kardashian’s bump reveal and Kylie Jenner is likely much farther along than her big sister, who confirmed that she’s six months along in early January.

Related: Khloe Kardashian confirms pregnancy: ‘My greatest dream realized’

While the older Kardashians are willing to chat up a storm about their own babies, it looks like the youngest of the group is going to maintain her radio silence.

“Kylie wants to disappear and be out of the spotlight and focus on her health and happiness,” a source told People late last year. “Kylie isn’t going to publicly address her pregnancy until she gives birth. She’s not doing any public appearances and just wanted to take six months off.”

What You Need To Know About Kim Kardashian