Jordan Peele ‘seriously’ considering sequel to hit movie ‘Get Out’

Published: Wednesday, February 07, 2018 @ 3:55 PM

What You Need To Know About Jordan Peele

Director Jordan Peele’s unexpected horror film “Get Out” was a sleeper hit last year.

>> Read more trending news 

The movie, about a biracial couple heading to meet the woman’s white parents, was critically acclaimed and turned into a smash hit, netting over $255 million worldwide on a shoestring budget of only $4.5 million. The film has garnered a slew of accolades, including four Academy Award nominations — Best Picture, Best Actor (Daniel Kaluuya), Best Original Screenplay and Best Director for Peele.

Following the film’s huge success, Peele has officially retired his acting cap — he was co-creator of the sketch comedy show “Key and Peele” and appeared in a number of TV and film roles — and has several other ideas in the works that will put him behind the scenes. One of them just may be a sequel to his breakout movie.

“I will definitely, seriously consider it,” Peele recently told THR. “I love that universe and feel like there’s more story to tell. I don’t know what it is now, but there are some loose ends.”

>> Related: Do Key and Peele have what it takes to pull off 34 celebrity impressions in under a minute?

The movie (SPOILER ALERT) was about a black character named Chris, played by Daniel Kaluuya, successfully getting away from his murderous white girlfriend Rose Armitage, played by Allison Williams, and her killer family members and eventually being saved by his TSA agent buddy Rod, leaves room for a sequel.  

In addition to his big professional success in 2017, Peele had personal success, as well.

The director and his comedian wife Chelsea Peretti, the star of Fox’s cop sitcom “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” became the parents of a baby boy, named Beaumont Gino, last July. 

>> Related: Meryl Streep, Jordan Peele, Guillermo del Toro and more react to 2018 Oscar nominations

Peele, 38, and Peretti, 39, after four yeears of dating, got hitched in a secret ceremony in 2016 that was witnessed only by their dog. 

Trending - Most Read Stories

Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo welcome second baby girl

Published: Friday, February 16, 2018 @ 4:31 PM

Singer Adam Levine and model Behati Prinsloo  welcomed a second baby girl, according to reports.
Jason Merritt/Getty Images
Singer Adam Levine and model Behati Prinsloo welcomed a second baby girl, according to reports.(Jason Merritt/Getty Images)

Congratulations are in order for Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo. They just welcomed their second daughter.

E! News reported on Friday that the newborn is named Geo Grace Levine.

>> Read more trending news 

Geo Grace joins big sister Dusty Rose Levine, 2.

On Wednesday, Levine gave fans a peek at his Valentine’s Day at home with Prinsloo just before she gave birth. In the Instagram post, the model was eating chocolates in sweatpants with a bouquet of roses on the bedside nearby.

“My maniac,” he wrote alongside the photo.

My maniac. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

A post shared by Adam Levine (@adamlevine) on

Prinsloo announced that she was expecting a second baby in September 2017 with a bathroom selfie as she posed in a bikini, full bump on display.

“ROUND 2….” she captioned the post.

Related: Adam Levine, Behati Prinsloo expecting baby No. 2

In November, Levine spoke with talk show host Ellen DeGeneres about having more babies with Prinsloo.

“I want a lot (of babies). I thrive in chaos,” Levine said. “We love it. And, (Behati) wants, like, 100 babies, but I don’t know if I can do that!”

He also said they were having another girl but did not reveal details about whether or not they had picked a name at that time.

Trending - Most Read Stories

Actress Keshia Knight Pulliam reportedly owes $102K in state taxes

Published: Friday, February 16, 2018 @ 9:35 AM

ATLANTA, GA - APRIL 04:  Keshia Knight Pulliam attends
ATLANTA, GA - APRIL 04: Keshia Knight Pulliam attends "The Fate Of The Furious" Atlanta red carpet screening at SCADshow on April 4, 2017 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Paras Griffin/Getty Images for Universal)(Paras Griffin/Getty Images for Universal)

Actress Keshia Knight Pulliam, who was recently evicted from the house in “Celebrity Big Brother,” owes the Georgia Department of Revenue $102,286.37 in unpaid taxes.

>> Read more trending news 

In a filing in the Fayette County Superior Court from Dec. 30, 2017, the former “Cosby Show” kid owes $51,469 in unpaid state taxes from 2011 and 2013. She has since accrued $27,806.13 in interest, $12,667.44 in penalties, $10,293.80 in collection fees and $50 in extra costs. Her total now exceeds $100,000.

The filings do not indicate she has paid what she has owed since the Dec. 30 filing.

RadarOnline got the original scoop about her unpaid taxes but didn’t have the updated amount owed.

Pulliam asked to leave the CBS’s reality show on Monday because she was having trouble creating breast milk for her 1-year-old daughter Ella Grace. Her castmates obliged, saving Shannon Elizabeth from a possible blindside.

According to TMZ, CBS lured the celebrities with a $200,000 guaranteed payday with more money the longer they stay on the show. The winner could take home $500,000.

Trending - Most Read Stories

Actor Luke Wilson hailed as hero after rescuing woman in fatal crash

Published: Friday, February 16, 2018 @ 9:57 AM

NEW YORK, NY - JANUARY 18:  Luke Wilson attends the Casting Society of America's 33rd annual Artios Awards at Stage 48 on January 18, 2018 in New York City.  (Photo by Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images)
Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images
NEW YORK, NY - JANUARY 18: Luke Wilson attends the Casting Society of America's 33rd annual Artios Awards at Stage 48 on January 18, 2018 in New York City. (Photo by Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images)(Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images)

Actor Luke Wilson reportedly sprang into action after he was involved in a car accident that left one person dead.

According to The Associated Press, the actor pulled over his vehicle after a Ferrari clipped it on Tuesday and pulled a 50-year-old woman out of her BMW at the scene.

>> Read more trending news 

“He was the hero, he led the charge,” tattoo artist Sean Heirigs said. Heirigs was driving on the road when the crash occurred and told AP that the Ferrari appeared to lose control and go into oncoming traffic before it collided with the BMW and Wilson’s Toyota. Heirigs said that he told his 14-year-old daughter to call for help as he ran to try to assist the woman who had been driving the BMW, which had flipped onto its side.

“She’s crying, she’s screaming, she doesn’t really know what happened, and she was dangling into the passenger side,” Heirigs said. “Her leg was stuck.”

Related: Actor Luke Wilson, golfer Bill Haas involved in a fatal car crash

Heirigs said that he and Wilson were able to come up with a plan to get the woman out of the vehicle.

“We were able to get her leg out from being stuck and then she came out and Luke was pulling her through the back trunk area and then we both carried her to the curb,” Heirigs said. “And this was all going on while the Ferrari’s wheels are still spinning and blowing rubber and smoke everywhere, and it’s loud, and you’re smelling lots of smoke, and there’s glass.”

The woman was hospitalized with serious injuries. Wilson and Heirigs were unharmed.

VIDEO: Luke Wilson and Golfer Bill Hass Involved in Deadly Crash

Professional golfer Bill Haas was in the Ferrari at the time of the accident, according to police. The driver, 71-year-old Mark Gibello, was pronounced dead at the scene. Haas was treated for injuries at a nearby hospital. Haas’ manager, Allen Hobbs, told Golf Digest that Haas “escaped serious injuries and has been released from the hospital.”

He had pain and swelling in his legs, but no broken bones. Haas is reportedly returning to his South Carolina home to recover.

Police are reportedly investigating whether or not speed was a factor in the accident.

Trending - Most Read Stories

Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux announce separation

Published: Thursday, February 15, 2018 @ 6:53 PM

Jennifer Aniston Through The Years

Jennifer Aniston and her husband, director Justin Theroux, are separating after two years of marriage.

The couple announced the separation in a statement to The Associated Press Thursday. 

>> Read more trending news 

“Normally we would do this privately, but given that the gossip industry cannot resist an opportunity to speculate and invent, we wanted to convey the truth directly,” the statement released by Aniston’s publicist Stephen Huvane said. “Whatever else is printed about us that is not directly from us, is someone else’s fictional narrative. Above all, we are determined to maintain the deep respect and love that we have for one another.”

The announcement was made “in an effort to reduce any further speculation,” according to the statement.

People reported that Aniston and Theroux met in 2008 but started dating in 2011. Theroux proposed to Aniston on his 41st birthday in August 2012. 

The pair had a surprise wedding in 2015, weeks before Theroux turned 44. 

According to People, the couple had been spending time apart. Aniston celebrated her 49th birthday without Theroux, but was with Courteney Cox and other friends in Los Angeles. Theroux was seen in New York.

Huvane  told The AP the decision to separate “was mutual and lovingly made at the end of last year.” The couple has no children.

This was the first marriage for Theroux. He dated hair stylist Heidi Bivens for 14 years before they spit in 2011. Aniston was married to Brad Pitt from 2000 to 2005.

As for the future, Aniston and Theroux said they are “two best friends who have decided to part ways as a couple, but look forward to continuing our cherished friendship.”

Trending - Most Read Stories