log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 @ 11:00 AM
— Jennifer Hudson’s split from David Otunga’s has taken another dramatic turn. The singer’s estranged fiance has been granted primary custody over the pair’s 8 year old son, David Jr., according to TMZ.
The Academy Award winner, 36, and her former long-time fiance have reached a temporary agreement regarding their son’s role in the separation. The contract gives the former WWE wrestler custody over the 8 year old for the majority of the time as Hudson is currently residing in London while working as a judge on the U.K. version of “The Voice,” and regularly travels back and forth to Los Angeles for the U.S. version.
Hudson has also dropped the emergency order of protection she filed against him, The Blast reported. The website claims that Hudson voluntarily opted to remove the emergency protection order as long as Otunga agreed to never return to his ex’s home.
“This wasn’t a victory for David,” an unnamed source told People. “Jennifer dropped the order so they could remove the matter from the courtroom and work together to do what is best for their child.”
Hudson initially filed the restraining order after claiming that Otunga, 37, had been aggressive and threatening toward her in front of their child, which People confirmed with a statement from Hudson’s representative.
“They have been in the process of ending their relationship for a number of months,” the statement said. “Today, Jennifer requested and received a protective order against her ex-fiance. Jennifer’s actions are solely taken in the best interest of their son.”
In a statement to the publication, Ortunga’s attorney denied any abuse allegations.
“Mr. Otunga has never abused or harassed Ms. Hudson or their son, and it is unfortunate, especially in today’s climate, that she would feel the need to make these false allegations against him. Mr. Otunga looks forward to his day in court and in being awarded the residential care of the parties’ only child,” the statement read.
TMZ reported that Otunga’s attorney, Tracy Rizzo also stated, “As a result of Mr. Otunga’s career in the WWE, Ms. Hudson felt that she could give an award winning performance in court to portray herself as the victim.”
Published: Friday, January 12, 2018 @ 11:19 AM
— Multiple women have come forward to accuse actor James Franco of sexually inappropriate behavior in a new report.
In a Los Angeles Times report published Thursday, five women -- including four former students -- accused Franco of sexual misconduct.
Hilary Dusome and Natalie Chmiel, former students of Franco’s at Playhouse West in North Hollywood, told the L.A. Times that the actor would put female students in uncomfortable situations. The two described a shoot at a strip club in which Franco asked, “So, who wants to take your shirt off?”
The women said Franco stormed off when no one obliged.
Katie Ryan met Franco at Playhouse West and took classes at Studio 4, the film school the actor launched in 2014 that closed last year. Ryan told the L.A. Times, “(Franco) would always make everybody think there were possible roles on the table if we were to perform sexual acts or take off our shirts.”
Violet Paley said she met Franco in 2016 and started a relationship with him when he pressured her into having oral sex. Paley, 23, told the publication the two later continued a consensual sexual relationship.
Sarah Tither-Kaplan, a former acting student, said she signed nudity agreements for each film she did with Franco -- a short film called “Hungry Girl,” which shows her topless, and the 2015 feature film “The Long Home.”
Tither-Kaplan said a producer on “The Long Home” asked her to film a bonus scene of an orgy, in which she appeared fully nude with Franco and other women. According to the actress, Franco was supposed to simulate oral sex, but removed the clear plastic guard during each simulation on the actresses.
Paley and Tither-Kaplan spoke out against Franco on Twitter Sunday during the Golden Globes. Franco was wearing a “Times Up” pin at the awards show, which calls attention to gender inequality and sexual harassment across different industries.
Cute #TIMESUP pin James Franco. Remember the time you pushed my head down in a car towards your exposed penis & that other time you told my friend to come to your hotel when she was 17? After you had already been caught doing that to a different 17 year old?— Violet Paley (@VioletPaley) January 8, 2018
Hey James Franco, nice #timesup pin at the #GoldenGlobes , remember a few weeks ago when you told me the full nudity you had me do in two of your movies for $100/day wasn't exploitative because I signed a contract to do it? Times up on that!— Sarah Tither-Kaplan🌈 (@sarahtk) January 8, 2018
Franco denied the allegations while appearing on “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” Tuesday.
“Look, in my life,I pride myself on taking responsibility for the things I’ve done,” he said. “The things that I heard that were on Twitter are not accurate, but I completely support people coming out and being able to have a voice, because they didn’t have a voice for so long. So, I don’t want to shut them down in any way.”
“If I have done something wrong,” he said, “I will fix it — I have to.”
Franco was also asked about the allegations while appearing on “Late Night with Seth Meyers” Thursday. He echoed his remarks to Colbert.
“There are people that need to be heard,” Franco said on the late-night talk show. “I have my own side of this story, but I believe in these people that have been underrepresented getting their stories out enough that I will hold back things that I could say, just because I believe in it that much,” he said. “So if I have to take a knock because I’m not going to try and actively refute things, then I will, because I believe in it that much.”
People reported that a person close to the situation says the actor is now laying low.
Published: Thursday, January 11, 2018 @ 5:19 PM
— While many people praised Oprah Winfrey following her acceptance speech at the Golden Globes Sunday, singer Seal said that Winfrey was “part of the problem” in Hollywood with a scathing post on social media.
Fox News reported that the singer took to Instagram on Wednesday to slam Winfrey by sharing a pair of images of Winfrey and disgraced film producer Harvey Weinstein together. The text over the image read, “When you have been part of the problem for decades, but suddenly they all think you are the solution.”
Seal added in the caption, “Oh I forgot, that’s right…..you’d heard the rumours but you had no idea he was actually serially assaulting young starry-eyed actresses who in turn had no idea what they were getting into. My bad.”
Seal’s criticism was met with praise, but others seemed to consider the singer a hypocrite, including model and cookbook author Chrissy Teigen.
“Hmm. Let’s just say we’ve all heard things about each other, haven’t we?” she commented, according to Entertainment Weekly.
Another person took to Twitter and shared photos of Seal with Kevin Spacey, who has also faced multiple allegations of sexual misconduct, and Seal’s ex-wife and mother of his children, model Heidi Klum, posing with Weinstein.
Seal isn’t the only public figure who doesn’t think Winfrey would make a great president. Actress and comedian Roseanne Barr told reporters she thought she would make a better president than Winfrey during a press tour for the upcoming reboot of her sitcom, “Roseanne.”
“I do love Oprah. Of course, I love Oprah like everybody else. But you know what? I think it was time for us as a country to shake things up and, you know, try something different,” Barr said. “Actually, I think I’d be a better president than Oprah and Susan Sarandon, probably even President Trump. And I did run in 2012.”
In her speech, Winfrey called out perpetrators of sexual misconduct and harassment in Hollywood saying, “Their time is up!”
Soon after the awards show, many fans and celebrities, including Meryl Streep, called for Winfrey to try for the Oval Office in 2020.
“She launched a rocket tonight. I want her to run for president. I don’t think she had any intention (of declaring), but now she doesn’t have a choice,” Streep told The Washington Post on Sunday night.
Published: Thursday, January 11, 2018 @ 4:22 PM
SAN DIEGO — Willie Nelson had to abruptly end a show in San Diego and cancel concert dates this week after getting the flu.
The San Diego Union-Tribune reported the country legend had just hit the stage at Harrah’s Resort Southern California in Valley Center on Jan. 6. Before he could even finish the first song, “Whiskey River,” Nelson left the stage and didn’t return. The show was called off, and several more shows scheduled for the following week were also canceled.
The newspaper reported that several fans attending the show noticed that the 84-year-old country icon was coughing and seemed to be experiencing difficulty breathing, and a representative for Nelson confirmed to the paper that the award-winning singer had developed either a “bad cold or flu” and would return home to Texas to fully recuperate.
Nelson’s Jan. 8 show in Palm Springs, California, was canceled, as were Wednesday, Friday and Saturday shows at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas and Sunday’s show in Laughlin, Nevada, according to Nelson’s rep.
According to the country music legend’s website, those dates are rescheduled for October.
This isn’t the first time that the legendary country star has had to abort a performance due to illness. Last August, Nelson was forced to end a show in Salt Lake City when he fell ill. He was rushed to a hospital, but blamed altitude for the sudden health issue. He canceled shows last year in January and then again in February due to undisclosed health issues.
Nelson has seemingly suffered from respiratory issues ever since he had a lung collapse while surfing in Hawaii in the 1980s. He did give up smoking cigarettes, but is believed to still support a healthy enthusiasm for marijuana.
Even with a couple of rounds of health battles in 2017, Nelson was still able to release a new album, “God’s Problem Child,” in April and did some shows with fellow country singer Kacey Musgraves.
Published: Thursday, January 11, 2018 @ 3:57 PM
LOS ANGELES — Ricky Martin started the new year as a married man.
The 46-year-old singer and actor confirmed to E! News that he married his partner, artist Jwan Yosef
“I’m a husband, but we’re doing a heavy party in a couple of months, I'll let you know,” Martin told a reporter at the premiere of “The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story” Wednesday.
“We exchanged vows, and we’ve swear (sic) everything, and we've signed all the papers that we needed to sign, prenups and everything,” Martin said.
Martin, father to 9-year-old twins Matteo and Valentino, started dating Yosef in 2016. The two got engaged that same year.
A bigger party is to come, Martin said.
“The typical three-day party, the dinner, the rehearsal, the party and the recovery,” he said.
Before he announced the marriage, Martin said he and Yosef hope to have a big family together.
"I would love to have a big family,” Martin said on the Golden Globes red carpet Sunday. “Yes, I do want a big family, but there’s a lot going on at the moment with a lot of work, wedding, it’s a lot going on. So we’re going to put things in order first and then we’re going to get ready for many more kids.”
Martin said Wednesday that he was enjoying married life.