log in to manage your profile and account
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts
Published: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 @ 7:21 PM
— Former “Today” show co-host Natalie Morales was among many of Matt Lauer’s former colleagues who woke up to the news Wednesday that NBC News had fired him.
Morales addressed Lauer’s firing on “Access Hollywood” Wednesday with co-host Kit Hoover. She read part of NBC News chairman Andy Lack’s statement before sharing her own feelings about the termination.
Morales said she was “shocked by Lauer’s dismissal.
“The ‘Today’ show has been my family for 16 years now and it is difficult to process the news,” she said.
“I have personally dealt with rumors in the past that were hurtful to me, to my family. They diminished my hard work. I have addressed those rumors head on in the past. That is not the story today,” she explained.
“The story today is about the courage of the colleague that did come forward and when and if she wants to tell her story publicly, I am sure she will. It did take a lot of courage for her to come forward. It was no doubt a very painful decision,” Morales said.
Natalie Morales applauds the 'courage' of Matt Lauer's accuser https://t.co/jRcfQtSaz1— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) November 29, 2017
Morales and Hoover promised to continue to report any developments in the story in the days ahead.
“We are in a climate and a culture where women are finally not afraid as they once were about being able to speak up and being able to come forward and speak out about what is not appropriate,” Morales said.
Hoover then introduced the moment Savannah Guthrie held back tears as she and Hoda Kotb also promised “Today” viewers that they were going to report the news, but were “still trying to process” Lauer’s termination.
Like many others, Hoover wondered who might replace Lauer on the show and suggested that two female anchors might takeover.
“Could be!” Morales said. “We will have to wait and see on that. I think it’s jumping ahead of everything right now. I think right now the stories are still coming out.” Morales was the victim of rumors in 2012 in a story by the National Enquirer that alleged she and Lauer had a behind-the-scenes affair and that Lauer might have fathered one of her children. In 2016,
Morales, who moved to Los Angeles in 2016 after accepting a job to co-host “Access Hollywood,” denied the rumors and so did Lauer.
“There is absolutely no truth to this completely absurd story. It is damaging, hurtful and extremely sexist. I have proven myself in all aspects of my job as a news professional and journalist, and am adding to my role, taking on three jobs with ‘Access Hollywood Live’ and ‘Access Hollywood,’ in addition to ‘Today.’ This move was dictated by me and my desire to grow in my career,” Morales said at the time. “Any insinuations beyond that are uninformed.”
Published: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 @ 10:18 PM
The Food Network star and celebrity chef took to social media last week to show off a new, stunning stove that she just added to the kitchen of her Manhattan apartment.
The very fancy appliance was custom designed for Garten by Lacanche, a French-owned family business that makes about 50 stoves per year for American customers. According to PEOPLE, Garten went for the “Sully” model (which starts at $13,850) and added two burners, costing an additional $825.
The stove takes about four months to design and build and Garten had to pay extra for shipping, of course.
On Jan. 19, Garten shared the first treat she baked using her new oven. Sharing a photo of freshly baked pistachio meringues, she wrote, “First thing out of the oven – gorgeous Pistachio Meringues inspired by my friend Yotam @ottolenghi !!”
“We decided not to have children,” she said at the time. “I really appreciate that other people do and we will always have friends that have children that we are close to but it was a choice I made very early. I really felt, I feel, that I would have never been able to have the life I’ve had. So it’s a choice and that was the choice I made.”
The couple celebrated 49 blissful years of marriage in December.
Published: Monday, January 22, 2018 @ 10:44 PM
The renowned singer-songwriter announced the news in a statement Monday that said his doctors advised that he cancel the upcoming leg of his 50th anniversary tour set for Australia and New Zealand.
“It is with great reluctance and disappointment that I announce my retirement from concert touring,” Diamond said. “I have been so honored to bring my shows to the public for the past 50 years. My sincerest apologies to everyone who purchased tickets and were planning to come to the upcoming shows. I plan to remain active in writing, recording and other projects for a long time to come. My thanks go out to my loyal and devoted audiences around the world. You will always have my appreciation for your support and encouragement. This ride has been ‘so good, so good, so good’ thanks to you.”
#Neil Diamond So,so sorry to hear about the great Neil Diamond’s illness. I’m rooting for you Neil! Fight on from another Brooklyn boy!— Barry Manilow (@barrymanilow) January 23, 2018
The storied songwriter behind such chestnuts as “Love on the Rocks,” “I Am, I Said,” “Sweet Caroline,” “Forever in Blue Jeans,” “Heartlight” and dozens more, launched his anniversary tour in April 2017.
His most recent non-holiday album, “Melody Road,” was released in 2014.
Published: Monday, January 22, 2018 @ 5:41 PM
In the interview, Kelly asked Fonda about aging and plastic surgery when she and Robert Redford were on “Megyn Kelly Today” to promote their film “Our Souls at Night.” Fonda didn’t want to talk about the topic and snapped, “We really want to talk about that now?”
Megyn Kelly responds to criticism from Jane Fonda saying that she has no regrets about asking about Fonda’s plastic surgery. Then she goes on to address Fonda’s own past, “Hanoi Jane,” and says she’s in no position to talk about what’s offensive. pic.twitter.com/woNQ9WcLNf— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) January 22, 2018
Things never really got back on track after that, and the incident came up again just last week, when Fonda appeared on “TODAY” with her “Grace & Frankie” co-star Lily Tomlin. When Hoda Kotb asked how long the veteran actresses have been friends, Tomlin replied, “Oh, my gosh … I think before your first facelift!”
While Kotb and Savannah Guthrie exploded in a fit of giggles, Fonda was clearly unamused. “Never mind! Never mind!” she said. “Who are you, Megyn Kelly?”
On Monday, Kelly took time out of her show to address the actress’s remarks.
“And, now, a word on Jane Fonda, who appears to be fixated on an exchange I had with her months ago on this show,” Kelly said introducing the clip from September on her show on Monday. “When she first complained, publicly after the program and repeatedly after the program, I chose to say nothing because my general philosophy is what other people think of me is none of my business.”
“It’s time to address the ‘poor me’ routine,” Kelly said. She told the audience and TV viewers that Fonda appeared on her show last September to promote a film “about aging.”
“To her credit, she has discussed her cosmetic surgery pretty much everywhere before coming on our show,” Kelly said.
Kelly then played a clip of a previous Fonda “Today Show” appearance discussing her history with plastic surgery, then referenced Fonda’s other interviews on the topic.
“Apparently, when she came here, however, again, to promote her film about aging, I was supposed to discern that this subject was suddenly off limits,” Kelly said. “Look, I gave her the chance to empower other women, young and old, on a subject which she purports to know well, and she rejected it. That’s OK. But I have no regrets about that question, nor am I in the market for a lesson from Jane Fonda on what is or is not appropriate.”
.@MegynKelly on Jane Fonda: “This is a woman whose name is synonymous with outrage – Look at her treatment of our military during the Vietnam War. The moral indignation is a little much" https://t.co/B8aWvKuzKn— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) January 22, 2018
The hits kept on coming when Kelly brought up the “outrage” Fonda has caused in the past.
“After all, this is a woman whose name is synonymous with outrage. Look at her treatment of our military during the Vietnam War,” Kelly said as the audience cheered. “Many of our veterans still call her ‘Hanoi Jane.'”
Kelly then listed Fonda’s multiple offenses and added, “By the way, she still says she is not proud of America.”
It’s unclear if Fonda plans on responding to Kelly’s insults, but Fonda fans responded on Twitter.
Megyn Kelly just lost every bit of ground she's gained w/ female viewers with that "Hanoi Jane" comment. Jane Fonda has long since apologized & disavowed her actions during the Vietnam War. A petty, outdated jab at a beloved icon is poor form. Megyn's acting like snowflake Trump!— Shannon Fisher (@MsShannonFisher) January 22, 2018
This pushback by Megyn Kelly against Jane Fonda feels like Fox News-style polarization imported to a network morning show. And perhaps a tacit admission she can't be interesting without indulging in such confrontation. https://t.co/fkbOKNVBs9— Eric Deggans at NPR (@Deggans) January 22, 2018
Jane Fonda is a feminist icon, an artistic genius, an exercise mogul, a national treasure. Megyn Kelly is famous for assuring children on a 10pm cable news broadcast that Santa Claus is white.— Seth Abramovitch (@SethAbramovitch) January 22, 2018
"Honestly, she has no business lecturing anyone on what qualifies as offensive,” Megyn Kelly said of Jane Fonda https://t.co/yp0ZRN0Ipw— The New York Times (@nytimes) January 22, 2018
Published: Monday, November 06, 2017 @ 11:20 PM
— The rap trio Migos wants to put its stamp on the highly-anticipated remake of “The Lion King.”
On Sunday, Migos member Quavo posted his plea for the trio to make their Hollywood debut in the upcoming live-action remake, which already has an all-star cast including Beyoncé, Donald Glover, Alfree Woodard and Keegan-Michael Key.
“Call us,” Quavo tweeted to Disney about the group playing the three hyenas.
One problem, though. Key, comedian Eric Andre and actress Florence Kasumba have already been cast as hyenas in the new film, slated to premiere July 19, 2019.
3 Hyenas Lions King 🙌🏾 call us 📱 @Disney— QuavoYRN (@QuavoStuntin) November 5, 2017
The group’s fans were on board.
Migos wants roles as the three hyenas in Lion King??? Please please PLEASE let that happen 😂. I'm laughing already!— KG (@KyngKG) November 6, 2017
Somebody start a petition for Migos to play the hyenas in the new Lion King. This needs to happen people— Chicken Nuggets (@TSundsmo) November 6, 2017
Migos as the hyenas would be the highlight of my life— tanner (@The_tburke_) November 6, 2017
Twitter users offered numerous examples of how the group’s signature phraseology would fit right into the “Lion King” script.
imagine the legendary adlibs migos would produce if they played as the 3 hyenas in lion king— Moe (@MoeAlayan) November 5, 2017
If Migos are the Hyenas,— BLK (@BLKdot_) November 6, 2017
Scar - “Did you kill Simba?”
Takeoff - “Does it look like we killed Simba?”
Offset & Quavo - “ Ran yeah,that way” https://t.co/tW5OmrjXsA
As with many social media campaigns, Migos didn’t quite have everyone on board for the possibility of the group members playing the hyenas, partially because the parts were already cast to begin with.
People begging for Migos to be cast as hyenas in Lion King and I’m pretty sure they already cast those characters pic.twitter.com/qpbI7KL9hX— Save The Crew (@AlexKnerem) November 6, 2017
As funny as it would be to see the hyenas played by the Migos, how is everyone ignoring that they are already casted and on the poster!— Frankie (@fn_xlvi) November 6, 2017