Former Boston news anchor accusing Kevin Spacey of assaulting her son, in latest allegation 

Published: Wednesday, November 08, 2017 @ 2:26 PM

Kevin Spacey Fast Facts

A former Boston news anchor is the latest to accuse actor Kevin Spacey of sexual assault allegations, but this time it involves her son.

>> Read more trending news

Heather Unruh, a former anchor with WCVB-TV, said Wednesday her son was assaulted by Spacey last year at a Nantucket bar.

"My son is worried, but he is also confident the time to act is now," she said. "He did not report the crime at the time ... he knew the kind of attention that would result from making an accusation against such a public person." 

Former Boston news anchor Heather Unruh accused embattled actor Kevin Spacey of sexually assaulting her son last year during a press conmference on Wednesday.  (Boston 25 News)

Unruh recently tweeted about the allegations after the widespread accusations against prominent movie executive Harvey Weinstein.

>> Related: Actor Corey Feldman details Hollywood pedophilia ring to LAPD

According to Unruh, her son was at a bar when he encountered Kevin Spacey, who gave him alcoholic drinks -- though he was underage at the time. She said her son had told him he was of age. 

After her son was drunk, Unruh said Spacey put his hand into her son's pants and grabbed him. 

>> Related: Richard Dreyfuss’s son, Harry, accusing Kevin Spacey of groping him, too

"The climate in this country has changed now," she said. "Thanks to the brave women who have come forward with their accusations against Harvey Weinstein and other sexual abusers ... There are a lot of people who hide behind keyboards and say really ugly things."

An attorney for Unruh said her son has spoken to police on the island and a criminal investigation has been opened. 

>> Related: Kevin Spacey accused of past sexual misconduct with then-14-year-old actor

Trending - Most Read Stories

Chrissy Teigen reveals second baby’s due date

Published: Monday, February 19, 2018 @ 4:10 PM

Chrissy Teigen Fast Facts

Soon-to-be mom of two Chrissy Teigen stopped by “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” to dish about her pregnancy Monday. The model and cookbook author revealed that she and singer John Legend’s second bundle of joy is due in June.

>> Read more trending news 

“I’m having a baby boy in the spring,” she told DeGeneres, before jokingly whispering, “I’ll tell you: it’s June.” Teigen and Legend announced her pregnancy in November with an Instagram video showing their daughter Luna pointing to the baby in her mother’s belly. Amid speculation of the baby’s gender, the 32-year-old “Lip Sync Battle” host confirmed she is having a boy with a photo from the Grammy Awards red carpet.

mama and her baby boy

A post shared by chrissy teigen (@chrissyteigen) on

While excited for her second child, Teigen shared that one thing she hadn’t quite figured out yet was what to name him.

“It’s just, boy names are really tough,” she said. “I don’t even think he’ll have a middle name, because we can’t even think of a first name.”

Related: Chrissy Teigen pregnant with second child with John Legend

When asked how she and Legend came up with Luna, Teigen revealed it was linked to a happy childhood memory.

“Well, there was a blood moon happening. It was like a very beautiful night. Really big, vivid red moon — just gorgeous. And I have this love for space, and I think about space camp all the time and my days at space camp as a youngster, so I just thought ‘Luna’ was perfect.”

John Legend And Chrissy Teigen Through The Years

Like a true comedian, DeGeneres joked that the second baby should follow the trend, saying, “What about Lunar?”

Teigen replied with a laugh, “Lunar? I like it,” while Ellen followed up, “What about Urban Legend?”

“I do like that,” Teigen said.

Related: Chrissy Teigen, John Legend expecting baby boy

The “Cravings” author went on to tell Ellen that her husband’s “ego” was all that was standing in the way of them choosing a far more common name.

“Everyone’s like, ‘Why don’t you do the JJ thing — John Jr. — but John and his ego. He was like, ‘I don’t want him to feel like he has to live up to that.'”

“What a jerk!” Teigen joked. “Oh, sorry. Heaven forbid he do what you do.”

Watch a clip of Teigen’s appearance on “Ellen” below.

Trending - Most Read Stories

Fergie says National Anthem at NBA All-Star Game 'didn't strike the intended tone'

Published: Monday, February 19, 2018 @ 5:06 PM

Viewers Baffled By Fergie's National Anthem Performance At The NBA All-Star Game

Fergie is responding to critics of her sultry, jazzy rendition of the national anthem at the NBA All-Star Game. The singer issued a statement to TMZ, saying her version at Sunday night’s game in Los Angeles “didn't strike the intended tone.”

>> Read more trending news 

“I’ve always been honored and proud to perform the national anthem and last night I wanted to try something special for the NBA,” the statement said. “I’m a risk taker artistically, but clearly this rendition didn't strike the intended tone. I love this country and honestly tried my best.”

WATCH: Fergie’s national anthem performance at the NBA All-Star Game baffles viewers

Wearing an off-the-shoulder dress, Fergie sang the national anthem with a number of ad-libs and some lengthy notes. At one point, Golden State Warriors player  Draymond Green could be seen stifling a laugh, and so could late-night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel.

LOS ANGELES, CA - FEBRUARY 18: Singer Fergie sings the national anthem prior to The 67th NBA All-Star Game: Team LeBron Vs. Team Stephen at Staples Center on February 18, 2018 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Allen Berezovsky/Getty Images)(Allen Berezovsky/Getty Images)

One person who had some words of support for Fergie was Mariah Carey, who told TMZ cameras the singer needn’t listen to negativity.

“Darling, nobody needs to listen to that,” she said.

Fergie’s national anthem performance can be watched below.

Trending - Most Read Stories

R. Kelly evicted from Atlanta homes, owes $30K, court documents show

Published: Monday, February 19, 2018 @ 3:15 PM

R. Kelly Fast Facts

Filings with the magistrate court of Fulton County from Feb. 13 show that the Grammy-winning singer R. Kelly has been evicted from two homes in Atlanta. The  R&B singer was renting houses in the city’s Johns Creek neighborhood. The documents show that Kelly owes SB Property Management Global, LLC more than $31,000 in past due rent payments.  

>> Read more trending news 

Online records for Fulton County don’t show any criminal filings against Kelly. A spokesperson for the singer, Trevian Kutti, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that Kelly has “no comment at this time” on the dispossessory affidavits filed against him.

When reached by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Monday, Edmond Green of SB Property Management Global, LLC said he could not comment on the filings. The court documents carry Green’s signature as the affiant.

According to the court documents, the homes Kelly has been evicted from are on Old Homestead Trail and Saint Devon Crossing. 

Related: R. Kelly accused of abusing women, running cult

These were the same homes that were reportedly burglarized in 2017A former associate of Kelly’s, Alfonso L. Walker, was accused of breaking into them and selling many of the items inside. Walker, 50, was arrested in December and charged with theft and burglary.

Court filings show that Kelly paid $3,000 per month in rent at Saint Devon Crossing and $11,542 per month in rent at Old Homestead Trail. The homes are 2 miles apart and have Duluth addresses. The Saint Devon Crossing home is in a cul-de-sac off Rogers Bridge Road. The Old Homestead Trail home is in a gated community off Bell Road. Google images shows a pool and a basketball court behind the home.

Related: R. Kelly’s Atlanta mansions emptied while singer was touring

At one time, Kelly rented a third home in Johns Creek on Creek Wind Court. In July 2017, after BuzzFeed published an article claiming that Kelly “held women against their will in a cult” there, Tim and Jonjelyn Savage, of Atlanta, held a press conference outside the home. They said their daughter Joycelyn was “beat” by Kelly and “part of the R. Kelly cult.” Joycelyn later released a video through TMZ saying she was “in a happy place.”

Related: R. Kelly ‘unequivocally denies’ claims he’s holding women against their will in ‘cult’

On Aug. 7, 2017, the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office received a file on Kelly from Johns Creek police. The DA — Paul Howard — said his office did not request the file and was not pursuing charges against Kelly, but his office would review the file.

Dexter Bond, a spokesman for the DA’s office, said in an email earlier this month that the Kelly file is still open and under review.

Trending - Most Read Stories

Céline Dion says her late husband is only man she’s ever kissed

Published: Monday, February 19, 2018 @ 1:43 PM

HOLLYWOOD, CA - FEBRUARY 27:   Singer Celine Dion (R) and manager Rene Angelil arrive at the 83rd Annual Academy Awards held at the Kodak Theatre on February 27, 2011 in Hollywood, California.  (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
Jason Merritt/Getty Images
HOLLYWOOD, CA - FEBRUARY 27: Singer Celine Dion (R) and manager Rene Angelil arrive at the 83rd Annual Academy Awards held at the Kodak Theatre on February 27, 2011 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)(Jason Merritt/Getty Images)

In a recent interview with The Project, 49-year-old music legend Céline Dion got candid about the 2016 death of her husband and manager René Angélil.

Dion described what it felt like to lose Angélil — who died at age 73 after a cancer battle —after decades of marriage.

>> Read more trending news 

“For three years, my husband did not have a sip of water or food. He was eating through a tube,” Dion said. “The only thing I hoped while he was in three years of agony: I wanted him to live in peace. I wanted him to feel so light and no worries. He had a little heart attack. It’s so quick; he didn’t even feel anything. I thought that he was like liberated from his pain.”

“He’s the only man I’ve seen. The only man I’ve loved. The only man I’ve kissed,” the Canadian added.

Angélil — with whom Dion shared sons René-Charles Angélil, 17, and twins Eddy and Nelson Angélil, 7 — died two days before his 74th birthday and days before the death of Dion’s brother, Daniel Dion. As Dion’s longtime music manager, Angélil had always had a role in her life personally and professionally.

Dion has a bronze replica of Angélil’s hand that she brings along to every one of her performances. With two Las Vegas residencies that combined have spanned well over a decade and counting, she’s had many performances with his hand in hers since his passing. 

Dion put her residency on hold during her husband’s bout with cancer, but it was Angélil’s constant support even through his illness that quickly led Dion back to the stage.

“I shake my husband’s hand and knock on wood with him every night before every show,” Dion, 49, told The Daily Telegraph. “Even after he’s gone, I still talk to him.”

A month before Angélil’s death, the longtime couple celebrated their 21st wedding anniversary.

21 years today 💍 21 ans aujourd'hui 💕 #tbt

A post shared by Céline Dion (@celinedion) on

“My husband wanted me to go back onstage before he passed; that’s what he wanted the most,” Dion said. “So I went back onstage while he was still alive; he wanted to make sure I could keep going. So I did prove to him (that), yes, I could keep going. I told him I’ve got the kids and that he’s got to trust me, he’s got to relax.

“He taught me so much. He did a great job; what he had been giving to me all his life and all my life will always be with me. He gave me his all. He mortgaged his house to pay for my first album. I guess before he left he wanted to make sure I was fine. I’m trying to prove to him every day I’m fine. Our kids are growing. We feel strong. We’re good.”

Trending - Most Read Stories