breaking news


Eminem will be freestyling at 2017 BET Hip Hop Awards cypher 

Published: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 @ 4:53 PM

Rapper Eminem is freestlying a verse at the 2017 BET Hip Hop Awards, host DJ Khaled confirmed.
Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images/Getty Images
Rapper Eminem is freestlying a verse at the 2017 BET Hip Hop Awards, host DJ Khaled confirmed.(Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images/Getty Images)

Eminem will be returning to the BET Hip Hop Awards cypher, host DJ Khaled confirmed on Twitter Tuesday. XXL Mag reported the news Tuesday.

On the BET website, though, Em isn’t listed. Fat Joe, Kash Doll, Rapsody and Cyhi the Prynce are named as artists who will be in the cypher.

The Detroit rapper’s appearance was initially a surprise, according to a tweet from Khaled Monday.

“Did the @eminem freestyle verse come in yet!!” Khaled posted on Twitter Tuesday, with the big reveal:

Eminem previously had a cypher at the show in 2009 with Black Thought and Mos Depp. In 2011, he rapped on the Shady 2.0 Cypher with Slaughterhouse, Yelawolf, Joe Budden, Crooked I, Joell Ortiz and Royce Da 5’9”.

and The 2017 BET Hip Hop Awards air Tuesday at 8 p.m. EDT.

Charlie Rose fired from CBS amid sexual harassment allegations; PBS cuts ties with newsman

Published: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 @ 12:38 PM
Updated: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 @ 1:40 PM

CBS, PBS Suspend Charlie Rose Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Update 1:45 p.m. Nov. 21: PBS announced Tuesday that it is ending its relationship with award-winning journalist Charlie Rose in the wake of allegations that he sexually harassed women working on, or aspiring to work on, his self-titled PBS show.

"In light of yesterday's revelations, PBS has terminated its relationship with Charlie Rose and cancelled distribution of his programs," network officials said Tuesday in a statement. "PBS expects all the producers we work with to provide a workplace where people feel safe and are treated with dignity and respect."

PBS officials had earlier announced that they were pulling his self-titled show after eight women claimed that they were sexually harassed by Rose between the 1990s and 2011. Bloomberg also pulled his show.

Earlier Tuesday, CBS News announced that Rose was being dismissed in light of the allegations.

Rose has apologized for the incidents, but added that he doesn’t “believe that all of these allegations are accurate.”

Update 12:31 p.m. Nov. 21: CBS News has fired Charlie Rose in the wake of allegations that the well-known journalist made unwanted sexual advances and groped women who worked or aspired to work on his self-titled PBS show between the 1990s and 2011.

“Despite Charlie's important journalistic contribution to our news division, there is absolutely nothing more important, in this or any organization, than ensuring a safe, professional workplace -- a supportive environment where people feel they can do their best work,” CBS News President David Rhodes wrote Tuesday in a memo sent to staff members. “We need to be such a place.”

Eight women told The Washington Post that Rose “made unwanted sexual advances toward them, including lewd phone calls, walking around naked in their presence, or groping their breasts, buttocks or genital areas.”

The women ranged in age from 21 to 37 at the time of the alleged encounters.

Rose apologized for his behavior in a statement on Monday.

"I am greatly embarrassed," he wrote. "I have behaved insensitively at times, and I accept responsibility for that, though I do not believe that all of these allegations are accurate. I always felt that I was pursuing shared feelings, even though I now realized I was mistaken.”

Both PBS and Bloomberg pulled Rose’s self-titled show in the wake of the allegations.

Original report: CBS News and PBS have suspended award-winning journalist Charlie Rose after allegations from eight women that the longtime talk show host and host of “CBS This Morning” sexually harassed them dating back to the 1990s until 2011, according to the Washington Post.

>> Read more trending news

“Charlie Rose is suspended immediately while we look into this matter. These allegations are extremely disturbing and we take them very seriously,” a CBS  spokesperson said in a written statement, the Post reported.

Rose, 75, made unwanted sexual advances and allegedly groped women who worked on his show “Charlie Rose The Week,” which aired on PBS, but was produced by an independent company, and Bloomberg TV. He’s also accused of appearing naked in front of some of the women.

Both PBS and Bloomberg have pulled his show.

“PBS was shocked to learn today of these deeply disturbing allegations. We are immediately suspending distribution of ‘Charlie Rose,'” a PBS spokesperson said in a statement, according to the Huffington Post.

>> Related: Former Boston news anchor accusing Kevin Spacey of assaulting her son, in latest allegation

“PBS does not fund this nightly program or supervise its production, but we expect our producers to provide a workplace where people feel safe and are treated with dignity and respect.”

The women involved in the accusations against Rose ranged in age from 21 to 37 at the time of the alleged incidents.

Rose issued an apology on Twitter, calling his behavior “inappropriate .”

“I am greatly embarrassed. I have behaved insensitively at times, and I accept responsibility for that, though I do not believe that all of these allegations are accurate. I always felt that I was pursuing shared feelings, even though I now realize I was mistaken,” he said.

Rose is the latest in a string of powerful men publicly accused of inappropriate behavior toward women over the past three decades, beginning last month with rape accusations and sexual harassment allegations against movie mogul Harvey Weinstein.

>> Related: 3 women accuse Harvey Weinstein of rape: report

Also on Monday, New York Times reporter Glenn Thrush was suspended after a report that he behaved inappropriately with female journalists.

Single mother, actress Jennifer Garner says she "would not have chosen this life"

Published: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 @ 5:28 PM

Actress Jennifer Garner attends the premiere of ‘The Tribes of Palos Verdes’ at The Theatre at Ace Hotel on November 17, 2017 in Los Angeles, California.  
Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic
Actress Jennifer Garner attends the premiere of ‘The Tribes of Palos Verdes’ at The Theatre at Ace Hotel on November 17, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. (Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic)

Actress Jennifer Garner ended her relationship with husband Ben Affleck in 2015, but the actress said she’s still “not interested in dating” other men.

>> Read more trending news

“I would not have chosen this life for myself or for my kids,” Garner told Australia’s News.com.au.

“I would not choose to be single or be in this position. It’s something that we are working through. I haven’t been on a date and I am not interested in dating. People want to set me up and I am just like, ‘No thank you!’,” she said.

Garner also commented on the recent wave of sexual misconduct allegations in Hollywood, which Affleck himself was caught up in when it was revealed that he had clumsily groped an MTV presenter in 2003.

“We can’t lump all men into [the same category],” she said. “We can’t just assume that every man has done something awful or that every man is guilty; due process is important and has to take place.”

>> Related: Ben Affleck might be hanging up his Batman cape and the internet is suggesting some interesting replacements

Garner and Affleck separated in June 2015 after 10 years of marriage — although the divorce was not officially finalized until 2017. No specific reason was given for the split, but multiple reports of Affleck’s infidelity began to emerge in the aftermath, one of which claimed Affleck had been having an affair with the nanny of their three children, Christine Ouzounian — an allegation Affleck denied.

Another accusation alleged that Affleck and his current partner, “Saturday Night Live” producer Lindsay Shookus, started seeing each other long before they became official and while they were still married to their respective spouses.

>> Related: Report: After separation, Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner filing for divorce

Garner recently spent a lot of time promoting her latest movie, “The Tribes of Palos Verdes,” which is based on 1998 Joy Nicholson novel. Garner plays a distressed mother whose husband (Justin Kirk) abandons her for another woman shortly after they move to the swanky beach community of Palos Verdes, California, with their two teenage children (played by Maika Monroe and Cody Fern).

Chrissy Teigen pregnant with second child with John Legend

Published: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 @ 4:41 PM

John Legend And Chrissy Teigen Through The Years

Chrissy Teigen and John Legend are going to be parents again.

Teigen announced the happy news in an Instagram video posted Tuesday. People reported Teigen can be hearing asking her daughter, “Luna, what’s in here?” The future big sister pointed to her belly and said, “Baby!”

>> Read more trending news

She captioned the post with, “It’s John’s!” referring to her singer songwriter husband.

it's john's!

A post shared by chrissy teigen (@chrissyteigen) on

The former model and “Lip Sync Battle” co-host has wanted a second child for quite some time. Already parents to the 19-month-old, Teigen said in an August interview with Cosmopolitan magazine that she and John would be trying for baby No. 2. via in vitro fertilization. It’s the same process in which they welcomed Luna.

“We’re going to try to have a child ... We’re going to have to do something super hard, which is the IVF process, all over again,” she told the publication.

Comments quickly flooded the cookbook author’s post with congratulations.

Legend and Teigen married in 2013.

The Eagles announce 2018 tour with Jimmy Buffett, James Taylor, Chris Stapleton

Published: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 @ 4:45 PM

The Eagles, Timothy B. Schmit, Vince Gill, Don Henley, Decon Frey and Joe Walsh perform during the Eagles in Concert at The Grand Ole Opry. The band will go on a North American tour in 2018.
Rick Diamond/Getty Images/Getty Images
The Eagles, Timothy B. Schmit, Vince Gill, Don Henley, Decon Frey and Joe Walsh perform during the Eagles in Concert at The Grand Ole Opry. The band will go on a North American tour in 2018.(Rick Diamond/Getty Images/Getty Images)

The Eagles are going on tour two years after the death of co-founder Glenn Frey.

The Los Angeles Times reported that the band has announced stadium tour dates for 2018, beginning with a Chicago stop March 14.

>> Read more trending news

Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band will join The Eagles for four of the eight announced dates so far, Rolling Stone reported. Chris Stapleton will open the band’s June 23 show in Philadelphia. James Taylor and his All-Star Band will open two dates -- July 26 in Washington and July 28 in Minneapolis.

Related: Photos: Glenn Frey through the years

Deacon Frey will fill in his late father’s spot in the band as he joins Don Henley, Joe Walsh, Timothy B. Schmit and country music icon Vince Gill on tour. In June, it was announced that Gill and Frey would share vocal duties on songs Glenn Frey once led.

Related: The Eagles to tour despite Glenn Frey’s death

Most tickets go on sale Dec. 2 at 10 a.m. local time. More information on tour dates and ticket options can be found at The Eagles website.

The 2018 tour dates announcced so far can be seen below.

March 14 in Chicago at United Center 

March 23 in Nashville at Bridgestone Arena 

April 14 in Orlando, Florida, at Camping World Stadium with Jimmy Buffett

April 21 in Miami at Hard Rock Stadium with Jimmy Buffett 

May 10 in Vancouver at Rogers Arena 

June 23 in Arlington, Texas, at AT&T Stadium with Chris Stapleton 

June 28 in Denver at Coors Field with Jimmy Buffett 

June 30 in Minneapolis at Target Field with Jimmy Buffett 

July 15 in Toronto at Air Canada Centre 

July 20 in Boston at TD Garden 

July 26 in Washington at Nationals Park with James Taylor) 

July 28 in Philadelphia at Citizens Bank Park with James Taylor