Louis C.K. loses agent, management, ties to FX following sexual misconduct admission

Published: Friday, November 10, 2017 @ 6:07 PM

Co-creator/Executive Producer/Writer Louis C.K. of 'Better Things' speaks onstage during the FX portion of the 2017 Summer TCA Tour.  FX has ended its relationship since the comedian admitted to sexual misconduct with multiple women.
Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images/Getty Images
Co-creator/Executive Producer/Writer Louis C.K. of 'Better Things' speaks onstage during the FX portion of the 2017 Summer TCA Tour. FX has ended its relationship since the comedian admitted to sexual misconduct with multiple women.(Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images/Getty Images)

Hours after admitting to sexual misconduct with multiple women, Louis C.K. is officially out at FX Networks.

>> Read more trending news

Deadline reported that the network and FX Productions issued a statement on the matter.

“Today, FX Networks and FX Productions are ending our association with Louis C.K. We are cancelling the overall deal between FX Productions and his production company, Pig Newton. He will no longer serve as executive producer or receive compensation on any of the four shows we were producing with him – ‘Better Things,’ ‘Baskets,’ ‘One Mississippi’ and ‘The Cops.’

“Louis has now confirmed the truth of the reports relating to the five women victimized by his misconduct, which we were unaware of previously. As far as we know, his behavior over the past 8 years on all five series he has produced for FX Networks and/or FX Productions has been professional. However, now is not the time for him to make television shows. Now is the time for him to honestly address the women who have come forth to speak about their painful experiences, a process which he began today with his public statement.

“FX Networks and FX Productions remain committed to doing everything we can to ensure that all people work in an environment that is safe, respectful and fair, and we will continue our review of all of these productions to ensure that was and is the case.”

In a Thursday story from The New York Times, five women said they had interactions with the 50-year-old actor in which he exposed himself to them.

Related: Five women accuse Louis C.K. of sexual misconduct

FX and FX Productions have worked with Louis C.K. on “Baskets,” “Louie,” “Better Things,” “One Mississippi” and the upcoming series“The Cops,” according to The A.V. Club.

Louis C.K. Fast Facts

The statement comes after FX said it had not gotten any allegations about sexual misconduct by Louis C.K. related to any of its projects with the actor. It also said it was reviewing the matter.

Netflix had already cut ties with Louis C.K. earlier Friday, before the actor’s admission.

Related: ‘These stories are true:’ Louis C.K. responds to women’s sexual misconduct claims

After saying the allegations made by five women in The Times were true, Louis C.K. also apologized to members of the cast and crew on productions he’s been a part of.

“I’d be remiss to exclude the hurt that I’ve brought on people who I work with and have worked with whose professional and personal lives have been impacted by all of this,” he said.

The dismissal from FX is just the latest fallout for the actor. His publicist, Lewis Kay, said on Twitter that he no longer represents Louis C.K. and his management company, 3 Arts Management, has also let him go.

“We have terminated our relationship with Louis C.K.,” 3 Arts Management said in a statement, according to Variety. “We are committed to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff, clients and the community at large. We are doing a full internal review regarding this situation and are taking additional steps to strengthen our processes and procedures while engaging with our staff to address any concerns about harassment or abuse of power. This behavior is totally unacceptable in all circumstances and must be confronted and addressed.”

David Cassidy’s younger brother Shaun offers touching tribute on Twitter

Published: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 @ 5:02 PM

Musicians and brothers Shaun and David Cassidy photographed together in January of 1994.
Time Life Pictures/The LIFE Picture Collection/Getty Images
Musicians and brothers Shaun and David Cassidy photographed together in January of 1994.(Time Life Pictures/The LIFE Picture Collection/Getty Images)

Teenage heartthrobs run in the Cassidy family. David Cassidy’s younger brother, Shaun Cassidy, who was also a teen idol and singer in the 1970s, remembered his late brother with a touching tribute on Twitter after the pop culture icon’s death Tuesday from organ failure.

>> Read more trending news

“When I was a little boy and my big brother would come to visit, the first call of business would be a punishing pillow fight. During the battle, he would regale me with hysterical stories of our father, often culminating in his taking a giant leap off my top bunk,” Cassidy posted on Twitter, along with a black and white photo of the boys as children.

“I tried to catch him of course. I always tried to catch him. But I never could. Now, I will carry him, along with all of the funny/sad/extraordinary days we shared, none more filled with love than these last few at his side.”

>> Related: ‘Partridge Family’ star, ‘70s teen idol David Cassidy dead at 67

Eight years younger than David, Shaun was the oldest son of Jack Cassidy and Shirley Jones, while David was Jack’s only child with his first wife, Evelyn Ward. In addition to being his step-mother, Shirley Jones played David Cassidy’s on-screen mother in the ‘70s musical sit-com “The Partridge Family.”

The relationship between Cassidy and his family was strained over the past years over his battle with alcoholism. Several months before his death, a video of Cassidy struggling to perform at a live show raised concerns about his well-being. Family and fans thought he had relapsed, instead he revealed he was suffering from dementia.

Regardless of past estrangements, his family rushed to his side after hearing of his hospitalization. A source told People magazine, Cassidy “was delighted to see them … There’s been total resolution within the family. They will always be there for him.”

David Cassidy passed away in a Florida hospital on Nov. 21. at the age of 67.

An outpouring of tributes came from celebrities, including Danny Bonaduce — who played David’s television brother — John Stamos, Marie Osmond and Carnie Wilson.

>> Related: Music legend and 'Touched by an Angel' star Della Reese dead at 86

Cassidy is survived by half-brothers Shaun, Patrick and Ryan; daughter Katie Cassidy and son, actor Beau Cassidy.

Michael Jordan replaces family’s signed jersey stolen from home after fire

Published: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 @ 3:56 PM

Michael Jordan is sending a new signed jersey to a family who lose theirs in a fire.
Streeter Lecka/Getty Images/Getty Images
Michael Jordan is sending a new signed jersey to a family who lose theirs in a fire.(Streeter Lecka/Getty Images/Getty Images)

A family received a surprise from NBA legend Michael Jordan after one of his signed jerseys was stolen from their home when it burned down in October.

Officials with the Dunn County Sheriff’s Office said the family was forced out of its Rock Creek, Wisconsin, home on Oct. 11 when it caught fire. 

>> Read more trending news

Authorities said a family member went to the house on Nov. 2, after the fire, and noticed two men behind it with a vehicle. The family member told officials that the men said they were looting the house and then left with a garbage can full of items. 

Authorities said they later arrested one of the men. 

According to officials, a signed No. 45 Michael Jordan jersey was among the items taken by the men and is believed to have been sold. 

The Star Tribune reported Monday that the family’s daughter, Kelsey Schiel, got the item signed by Jordan at his Chicago restaurant in 1995. The meetup was coordinated by Starlight Children's Foundation, an organization that supports hospitalized children and their families. At the time, Schiel was battling a life-threatening illness. Now 28, she has beaten the disease that she now likes to keep private.

“It’s devastating to know that someone stole such an important item,” Schiel said. “I really hope that whoever has it realizes its importance and turns it in. We won’t ask questions; it’s just really special to me.”

According to the Star Tribune, Jordan heard about the robbery and is having the jersey replaced.

“Michael was very sorry to hear about what happened to the Schiel family and was happy to send Kelsey a new signed jersey,” a representative for Jordan said.

Wendy Williams said she was groped on live TV, fans named names

Published: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 @ 3:04 PM

What You Need To Know About Wendy Williams

Wendy Williams has her own story about workplace sexual harassment, but the talk show host is trying to keep mum about who it involves.

While discussing the recent slew of sexual assault allegations against veteran journalist, Charlie Rose, Williams, 53, revealed that her least favorite guest on her show was one who had groped her on live television, Inside Edition reported.

>> Read more trending news 

“My worst guest, I’m not gonna name, but I can tell you this -- it had to do with some groping and you all saw it, but didn’t say a word,” Williams  told viewers on her live show Tuesday. “And I felt it and I didn’t say a word. My staff saw it, and, you know, that guest will never be here anymore. He’s not relevant anymore anyway.” 

The television host said that when the individual went further than a quick embrace, she didn’t know how to react.

Wendy Williams says one of her guests on her talk show touched her inappropriately.(Ilya S. Savenok/Getty Images for Wilhelmina Models/Getty Images for Wilhelmina Mode)

“He hugs me, but lays in my breast inappropriately and I didn’t know what to do because I’m brand new on TV, whereas now, I would definitely push somebody through a glass coffee table. I didn’t know what to do,” she said.

She continued, saying that guest looked up at her, saying, “Oh! You’re not Oprah!” 

“I’m two seconds away from saying his name but it’s not worth it. However, if I see you in the mall, I’ll tell you,” she told viewers.

Williams maintained that she wouldn’t be revealing who she was referring to, but viewers pulled out their own receipts. Photos of comedian Gilbert Gottfried resting his face on Williams’s chest during a 2011 appearance quickly spread. Wendy can be seen grimacing in the photo while Gottfried grabs her tightly around the waist.

Gottfried, 62, denied having any recollection of the incident when contacted by Inside Edition. When asked about being banned from her show, he said wasn’t aware if he had. 

As of now, Williams has neither confirmed nor denied that Gottfried was whom she referred to.

Meghan McCain secretly marries conservative analyst Ben Domenech

Published: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 @ 1:55 PM

Meghan McCain Announces Engagement On 'The View'

Meghan McCain has tied the knot.

The co-host of ABC’s “The View” exchanged nuptials on Tuesday with conservative analyst Ben Domenech, 35, in a secret Sedona, Arizona, ceremony on her family’s ranch Tuesday. 

“Meghan McCain and Ben Domenech were married at the McCain family lodge in Sedona, Arizona,” a representative  for McCain told People in a statement Wednesday. “The bride’s father, Senator John McCain, gave her away, and they were married by John Dickerson. Following the ceremony, McCain and Domenech celebrated with dinner and dancing surrounded by their family and close friends.” 

>> Read more trending news

Until recently, few people knew exactly who had won the heart of the Arizona Senator’s daughter. She had referenced her “boyfriend” multiple times on social media, but did not disclose his name until early November, when news of her engagement broke. McCain, 33, told her co-hosts, “We’ve been together for years, and we have been engaged for a while, and it was a secret. I was hoping to get married and people wouldn’t find out, but people talk sometimes.” 

NEW YORK, NY - NOVEMBER 13: Meghan McCain attends the 2015 Trevor Project NextGen Fall Fete on November 13, 2015 in New York City. (Photo by Robin Marchant/Getty Images)(Robin Marchant/Getty Images)

She revealed that the couple became engaged in July at Mayo Clinic, where her father was battling brain cancer. 

Related: Meghan McCain confirms engagement

Domenech — a conservative blogger and publisher of conservative online magazine “The Federalist” — has definitely earned John McCain’s seal of approval. On an October appearance on “The View,” he shared, “Actually, he’s a very fine man. I’m very proud and very happy that they’re so happy together.” 

“Yesterday I was deeply blessed to give away my little girl at a ceremony with family & friends in #Arizona. Congratulations @MeghanMcCain & @bdomenech – we are so happy for you!” John McCain tweeted Wednesday.

Although no pictures have been published so far, McCain shared a picture on her Instagram referencing her impending Tuesday nuptials, where she would later be surrounded by approximately 100 guests.

“#AlmostTime,” she captioned a photo of slippers that read, “I do!”

⏳👰🏼🌵 #AlmostTime

A post shared by Meghan McCain (@meghanmccain) on

“Wait for people who love strong women,” McCain advised earlier in November when talking about relationships on her daytime show. “The men who love strong, independent women, they’re out there. Don’t settle for less.”