CLOSINGS AND DELAYS:

Central Christian Church-Kettering, Dayton Christian School, Greater Love Christian Church, Greater St. John M.B. Church, Huber Heights Schools, Moraine Seniors Citizens Club, Piqua Baptist Church, Rehab Center & Neuro Devel, Residence in Praise Fine Arts Center, S.H.I. Integrative Med. Massage Sc., St. Andrew United Methodist Church, St. Patrick's Catholic Church, Tipp Monroe Community Services, Xenia Grace Chapel,

Amanda Bynes may be returning to acting in 2018

Published: Saturday, December 30, 2017 @ 4:57 PM

Actress Amanda Bynes pictured in 2011.
Jason Merritt/Getty Images/Getty Images
Actress Amanda Bynes pictured in 2011.(Jason Merritt/Getty Images/Getty Images)

Actress Amanda Bynes is making quite the New Year’s Resolution for 2018 after several years away from the spotlight.

I do miss acting, and I actually have something surprising to tell you: I’m going to start acting again,” Bynes said in her first interview in four years with Hollyscoop in June. “I want to do TV, maybe a few guest spots on a show that I’m a fan of and maybe another TV show where I’m the star of in the future.”  

>> Read more trending news 

The former Nickelodeon standout, whose meltdowns made for much Hollywood schadenfreude, last appeared in a film more than seven years ago in the Emma Stone 2010 comedy “Easy A.” She previously starred in shows like “All That” and “The Amanda Show” as a child and teen before making the move into films like “She’s The Man” and “Hairspray” in her 20s.

After a series of DUI arrests and countless episodes of bizarre behavior in 2013, Bynes hopes to start anew in the New Year, according to her lawyer and a report from Page Six.

Related: ‘All That’ and more: Amanda Bynes through the years

“Amanda is looking forward to ringing in the new year with her close friends this year,” Bynes’s lawyer told Page Six Thursday. “In 2018, she looks forward to completing fashion school and dipping her toe back into acting. She has had several offers but is waiting for the right one to come along for a comeback.”

Related: Amanda Bynes is three years sober and ready to make comeback

In the past few years, her passion for clothing and design has led the star to take classes at L.A.’s Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising.

“I’ve learned how to sew, make patterns, and I want to start a clothing line in the future, so FIDM has been helping me with that,” she said in June. 

Following the June interview, Bynes was seen shopping in Beverly Hills, fresh-faced and seemingly healthy.

Kim Kardashian, Kanye West welcome third child via surrogate

Published: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 @ 12:20 PM

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Welcome Third Child, ‘Healthy, Beautiful Baby Girl’

Kim Kardashian West and Kanye West are parents of three. The TV personality and rapper welcomed a baby girl Monday via surrogate. The couple, married in 2014, are already parents to daughter North, 4, and son Saint, 2.

>> Read more trending news 

Kardashian West confirmed the news on her official website.

“Kanye and I are happy to announce the arrival of our healthy, beautiful baby girl. We are incredibly grateful to our surrogate who made our dreams come true with the greatest gift one could give and to our wonderful doctors and nurses for their special care. North and Saint are especially thrilled to welcome their baby sister.”

The baby was born Jan. 15 at 12:47 a.m. PT and weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces, Kardashian West said.

Related: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West: A relationship timeline

Reports emerged in July that the celebrity pair hired a surrogate to carry their third child. By September, Kardashian West confirmed the news and later revealed to Ellen DeGeneres that they were having a baby girl.

The newest addition joins an ever-growing Kardashian-Jenner family. Kardashian’s sister, Khloe Kardashian, confirmed she is six months pregnant with her first child with boyfriend Tristan Thompson of the Cleveland Cavaliers. Reports say Kardashian West’s youngest half sister, Kylie Jenner, is also pregnant with her first child with her boyfriend, rapper Travis Scott.

‘Oh Happy Day’ singer Edwin Hawkins dead at 74

Published: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 @ 10:41 AM

Remembering Edwin Hawkins

Edwin Hawkins, the gospel singer best-known for the song “Oh Happy Day,” has died at age 74. 

The New York Times reported that Hawkins’ publicist, Bill Carpenter, said the musician died of pancreatic cancer in Pleasanton, California.

Hawkins brought gospel music to the mainstream when “Oh Happy Day” reached No. 4 on the Billboard pop chart and No. 2 on the Billboard R&B chart in 1969. 

>> Read more trending news 

The 18th-century hymn was given an infectious new arrangement and released on “Let Us Go Into the House of the Lord,” an album by Northern California State Youth Choir, a group put together by Hawkins and friend Betty Watson, to raise money to travel to Southern California for a gospel competition.

The Modesto Bee reported in a 2008 profile of Hawkins that the song took a life of its own when an underground radio DJ in San Francisco played it.

“It was recorded on a friend’s little two-track machine,” Hawkins told The Modesto Bee. “It was never intended for commercial purposes at all.”

Related: Photos: Notable deaths 2018

The song earned the youth choir -- renamed the Edwin Hawkins Singers -- their first Grammy. It got the award for Best Soul Gospel Performance in 1970.

“Oh Happy Day” went on to be recorded by artists across multiple genres, including Elvis Presley, Johnny Mathis and Glen Campbell, The Associated Press reported.

The song saw a resurgence decades later when used in the 1993 Whoopi Goldberg comedy “Sister Act 2.”

Hawkins continued to make music after the success of “Oh Happy Day,” winning three more Grammys and getting voted into the Christian Music Hall of Fame in 2007.

Motorhead guitarist Fast Eddie Clarke dead at 67

Published: Thursday, January 11, 2018 @ 2:06 PM

Photo of MOTORHEAD; Portrait of Fast Eddie Clarke backstage with guitars, circa 1980.  Clarke died at age 67 in London.
Fin Costello/Redferns
Photo of MOTORHEAD; Portrait of Fast Eddie Clarke backstage with guitars, circa 1980. Clarke died at age 67 in London.(Fin Costello/Redferns)

Fast Eddie Clarke, a former member of the British rock band Motorhead, has died at age 67.

The New York Times reported that the death of the guitarist in the best-known lineup of the band was confirmed by manager Todd Singerman. 

Clarke was being treated for pneumonia in a London hospital Wednesday when he died.

“We are devastated to pass on the news we only just heard ourselves earlier tonight...Edward Allan Clarke - or as we all know and love him Fast Eddie Clarke - passed away peacefully yesterday,” a post on the Motorhead Facebook page said. “Ted Carroll (who formed Chiswick Records) made the sad announcement via his FB page, having heard from Doug Smith that Fast Eddie passed peacefully in hospital where he was being treated for pneumonia.”

>> Read more trending news 

Past members of the band reacted to the news, as did Metallica co-founder Lars Ulrich and others in the rock music community.

“Just heard the sad news that fast Eddie Clarke has passed away,” Phil Campbell, who was the guitarist in Motorhead from 1984 to 2015, said in a statement. “Such a shock, he will be remembered for his iconic riffs and was a true rock n roller. RIP Eddie.”

“Thank you for the riffs. Thank you for the solos. Thank you for the attitude. Thank you for being in the coolest band,” Ulrich said on Twitter Thursday. “Thank you for inspiring me to go down the same path.”

Clarke was the last living member of the band’s original lineup, which was pointed out in a statement from Mikkey Dee, who was a drummer for Motorhead from 1992 to 2015 and is currently a drummer for the German rock band Scorpions.

“This is terrible news, the last of the three amigos. I saw Eddie not too long ago and he was in great shape, so this is a complete shock,” Dee said. “Me and Eddie always hit it off great. I was looking forward to seeing him in the U.K. this summer when we come around with the Scorps…now Lem and Philthy can jam with Eddie again, and if you listen carefully I’m sure you’ll hear them, so watch out!!! My thoughts go out to Eddie's family and close ones.”

Related: Photos: Notable deaths 2018

Clarke, born Edward Allen Clark, joined the first iteration of Motorhead in 1976 with bassist Lemmy, whose real name was Ian Fraser Kilmister, and drummer Phil Taylor. Taylor died in November 2015 at age 61, Kimlister died at age 70 in December 2015.

After leaving Motorhead, he formed the hard rock group Fastway in 1983. The group issued its condolences on Twitter.

“We have lost a legend,” Fastway said in a tweet Thursday. “Our thoughts are with his family and friends. He will be sorely missed.”

Multiple women accuse James Franco of sexual misconduct, actor reportedly ‘in a really bad place’

Published: Friday, January 12, 2018 @ 11:19 AM

What You Need To Know: James Franco

Multiple women have come forward to accuse actor James Franco of sexually inappropriate behavior in a new report.

In a Los Angeles Times report published Thursday, five women -- including four former students -- accused Franco of sexual misconduct.

Hilary Dusome and Natalie Chmiel, former students of Franco’s at Playhouse West in North Hollywood, told the L.A. Times that the actor would put female students in uncomfortable situations. The two described a shoot at a strip club in which Franco asked, “So, who wants to take your shirt off?”

The women said Franco stormed off when no one obliged.

Katie Ryan met Franco at Playhouse West and took classes at Studio 4, the film school the actor launched in 2014 that closed last year. Ryan told the L.A. Times, “(Franco) would always make everybody think there were possible roles on the table if we were to perform sexual acts or take off our shirts.”

>> Read more trending news 

Violet Paley said she met Franco in 2016 and started a relationship with him when he pressured her into having oral sex. Paley, 23, told the publication the two later continued a consensual sexual relationship.

Sarah Tither-Kaplan, a former acting student, said she signed nudity agreements for each film she did with Franco -- a short film called “Hungry Girl,” which shows her topless, and the 2015 feature film “The Long Home.”

Tither-Kaplan said a producer on “The Long Home” asked her to film a bonus scene of an orgy, in which she appeared fully nude with Franco and other women. According to the actress, Franco was supposed to simulate oral sex, but removed the clear plastic guard during each simulation on the actresses.

Paley and Tither-Kaplan spoke out against Franco on Twitter Sunday during the Golden Globes. Franco was wearing a “Times Up” pin at the awards show, which calls attention to gender inequality and sexual harassment across different industries.

Franco denied the allegations while appearing on “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” Tuesday. 

“Look, in my life,I pride myself on taking responsibility for the things I’ve done,” he said. “The things that I heard that were on Twitter are not accurate, but I completely support people coming out and being able to have a voice, because they didn’t have a voice for so long. So, I don’t want to shut them down in any way.”

“If I have done something wrong,” he said, “I will fix it — I have to.”

Related: James Franco denies allegations of sexual misconduct

Franco was also asked about the allegations while appearing on “Late Night with Seth Meyers” Thursday. He echoed his remarks to Colbert.

“There are people that need to be heard,” Franco said on the late-night talk show. “I have my own side of this story, but I believe in these people that have been underrepresented getting their stories out enough that I will hold back things that I could say, just because I believe in it that much,” he said. “So if I have to take a knock because I’m not going to try and actively refute things, then I will, because I believe in it that much.”

BEVERLY HILLS, CA - JANUARY 07: Actor/director James Franco attends The 75th Annual Golden Globe Awards at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 7, 2018 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)(Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)

People reported that a person close to the situation says the actor is now laying low.

“He’s in a really bad place, so bad that he changed his phone number,” the unnamed source said. “His close friends are trying to be there for him, but it’s been hard – he’s only talking to a select group of people. For now, he’s just hiding out.”